X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Sweet deal on Delta planer

$250 for this planer is a steal IMO, If its still available , http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/2853896993.html
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Looks like a more industrial model. The motor alone would be worth quite a bit. Nice find.
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Pretty sure its this model and similiar to the 1 I just purchased, for $250 its a steal for sure but very,very heavy,took me almost an hour to diassemble enough to load into my SUV and had to get help unloading as it killed my back , http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=12243

Comment

• SteveCSmith
        Handtools only
        • Nov 2007

Someone should get that

Originally posted by tommyt654
        $250 for this planer is a steal IMO, If its still available , http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/2853896993.html
        I have one of these - I think I might have even "stolen" it for a bit less (including a new set of knives). It takes a bit of time to get setup properly, but once you do, it is an incredible planer.

If you have the space, don't even blink about this over a portable. I had borrowed a friends benchtop DeWalt the first time I needed a planer. When I fired this up, I found it was quieter planing than the dewalt was unloaded.

Take some friends (it is probably between 400 and 500 lbs), $250 and put some casters on order from grizzly. If you don't like it, you should be able to resell it for a profit.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

On my way down for some more old iron, Talked with the owner of the Ge Jointer last night (see attached CL link), turns out its a short table 8 inch General, seems to be in good shape from the pics, but pics can be deceiving, hopefully it will be in as good a shape as he touts. I'm taking some roughcut lumber with me to see how she does and I know I can get new knives for it. Hopefully the bearings and motor will be in good shape and I p/u this morning, will post pics with it as well as the other old planer I bought a few weeks back when I get back home. I really need an 8 inch until I can get a sled built for the planer to smooth out the rough cut lumber I have been buying, met a great sawyer up here last week and bought a small bundle of wood for $40 thats really nice but haven't been able to smooth most of it out cause I only have that 6 inch Ridgid and its all 7-8 inches wide, for the $150 or less I'm gonna offer it should help get me back in the saddle for some woodworking.Made a few of these last week with some of the 4x4 cedar I got from him
          Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Bummer, Some folks just should not be allowed around WW equipment, He e-mailed me swearing it was 8 inches, problem was he was 2 inches too short, but got a flyrod and reel from him for my collection and offered $50 for it. He was selling them for a neighbor and said he would know later in the week,for $50 it would be worth the trip back down, but otherwise wish folks would learn how to use a ruler

Comment

Working...