X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Cheap Router plates

I found this over at another site, GrIzzly has their router plate and pin listed Under this part number, PT10432047 for $13 including the pin, its the router plate thats part of the table thats part of the presidents sale for $113, thats a great price for a spare plate or used as another base for any router. You'll have to call Grizzly and ask them to sell you one with the above mentioned part number as its not listed in their catalog. Pretty good deal on a spare plate IMO , U.S. (800)523-4777
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been looking at plates the past few days!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Do the rings come with it? What thickness plate (I assume its plastic) is it?
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Dunno , just relaying what to me appears to be a good deal as even e-bay has plates like this for sale around $30, wadya gonna lose $13 + shippin. maybe $20 to find out. Even Rockler wants more than that and I assume you get the rings as well since you are getting the pin. Call Grizzly I provided the # ask them it is toll free customer service, but I'm willing to bet its prolly out of stock or on backorder

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

grizzly tech support confirms that the insert is sold with the pin only. shipping is about $10 and the rings are not part of insert. they tried to find part numbers for the rings and couldn't. they indicated the rings were only available as part of the router table package. just passing on information.
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Tech support is incorrect and verified by others who have purchased this item from Grizzly, it comes with the rings,adjustment levelors,allen wrench and magnets. I also called customer support to verify what I had read here just to see ,and they said that if it comes with the rings its because it has no numbers to order them seperately which has now been verified here by toolguy. There are plenty of folks over at Routerforums.com that will verify that info as they have already ordered some and 1 guy actually is reselling them online at E-BAY. I would suggest if you really want a few spares to order soon because I'm sure when Grizzly finds out someones reselling them the price will go up incrementally and as usual 1 person screws the pooch for all in the long run by being greedy. But yes they do come with all the bells and whistles and I for one have ordered 2 for my own use

Comment

• Cochese
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2010

He buys plates like he buys routers - in bulk.
              I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Ain't that the truth

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Whoever "he" is may be the reason why its on backorder until March 27th. Either that or Chinese New Year. I spoke with tech support and the man said that since there is no part number for the rings separately they more than likely come with the plate as a kit. He didn't have any in stock to physically check. The man was a little curious as to why there is such demand for the product so I told him that its not for replacement purposes (which is how its listed) but for the ability to swap in different routers without having to go through the setup. Needless to say, I am in Thanks!!

Comment

• tommyt654
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008

Don't think I would have told him that, surely he'll tell the higher ups and that price will go from $13 to $30 overnight

Comment

• chopnhack
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • Florida
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Best I could do on the fly, he had my records up and I have never purchased a router table from them. Better than saying, oh yeah we use them when we build our own router tables and then for sure they'll raise the price. At least this way its plausible, do you think he would have believed me if I told them, yeah they crack easily so we need to replace them alot. Their no dummies, somewhere someone see's reports on item movement.

Comment

• tommyt654
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2008

Good point, but mine are ordered and paid for so I'll be waiting for them when they come in

Comment

• chopnhack
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • Florida
                          • Ryobi BT3100

I have mine paid for too Tommy, I am eagerly awaiting it as well! I hope I will be ready to use it by then. Again, thanks for the post!!

Comment

• tommyt654
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2008

Well with over 600 views they'll prolly be on b/o for quite sometime me thinks

Comment

• chopnhack
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2006
                              • Florida
                              • Ryobi BT3100

When I spoke with the gentleman this morning, they had ordered a large order, sufficient to fill their current back order and then restock their shelves. That is why I was able to place my order. They expect to receive their shipment around March 27th. He mentioned that they come out of China and their New Years celebration does play havoc with their ordering timelines each year.

Comment

Working...