• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

ridgid digital miter gauge price

FWIW, here is a copy of my receipt for the above. they are being clearanced @ $48. i know it isn't a great miter gauge, but for $38, how bad can it be?
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

The reviewer on another site (found by Googling) seemed to think quite a bit of this device. Great find.

PS If they're being clearanced at $48, how did you get it for $38? BTW - your tax rate is almost as bad as ours.
    Richard

Comment

• TCOTTLE
      Established Member
      • May 2009
      • Greenbush Maine
      • Ryobi BT3000

I had one for my R4511, and it was bad enough that I returned it. It would not keep a setting for me, and I decided that I would rather spend a couple more dollars and get a "lower end" incra. It was unpredictable. It was a good idea, but sometimes I feel like analog is the way to go...

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

phrog.....last one and open box. asked the ASM to take less. everthings there so we'll give it a shot.

TCOTTLE....well, i've got 90 days to see how it performs. if it's junk, back it goes. at a minimum, for $38, i can use it like an OEM cheapie miter gauge.

for anyone local to westchester county, the portchester store has 6 more. although when i called for a visual, the staff said it was a clearance item and out of stock. a short car ride later, and i found all of them and had one. moral......never trust a telephone call to check what's on hand. go check for yourself!
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• unknown poster
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006

Sometimes "We are out of stock" means "Thanks for letting me know about this great price, I'll buy them all after my shift ends".

Do you know the item number? I couldn't make out which number was important on your receipt.

Comment

• b3words
            Handtools only
            • Dec 2011

really a bargain

Comment

• toolguy1000
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by unknown poster
              Sometimes "We are out of stock" means "Thanks for letting me know about this great price, I'll buy them all after my shift ends".

Do you know the item number? I couldn't make out which number was important on your receipt.
              sku: 823-723

Comment

• Dal300
                Banned
                • Aug 2011
                • East Central Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I use an app for my 'Droid cell phone. It matches with a couple of Starret protractors I have and when set at 45° or 22.5° gives quite acceptable miters.

There are a lot of free apps out there that will do this so try different ones until you are comfortable with one.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

friends with smart phones have shown me things like that. they look pretty neat. is there ever a time when those "physical world" type applications wouldn't work?

Comment

• Ultraman
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jul 2003
                    • Raleigh, NC, USA.

Sounds nice. What's the name of the app(s)?
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Dal300
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2011
                      • East Central Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Ultraman
                      Sounds nice. What's the name of the app(s)?
                      Thanks!
                      I use "Bubble Level" and "Advanced Protractor" right now, but there are many others that will do the same thing.

Search in the apps market for "Angle finder", "protractor", or "Level".

I've tried a bunch of different ones and most of them work about the same way.

https://market.android.com/search?q=protractor&c=apps

Good Luck,

DF

Comment

• toolguy1000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • westchester cnty, ny

for anybody interested, the ridgid digital universal miter gauge is now down to $22.03:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...