• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jschen
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2007
    • Aurora, IL

Red Oak 4/4, 6" x 36", $2.17/BF YMMV

My local Menards has a unadvertised sale on Red Oak boards. $2.99 per board which came out to about $2.17/BF which is a little cheaper than my wood stores around here. Naperville, IL store
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

Funny how your local is the Naperville but mine is the one on North Randall. Must have something to do with the fact that we live in that part of A-town that is in DuPage County, north of 88.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll have to ...ugh... drive down 59 tomorrow to check it out.

Comment

• Hoakie
      Established Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Iowa
      • Craftsman 21829

I grew up in Naperville
      John
      To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• woodinville guy
        Established Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Cedar Park, TX

ok, I officially hate you people with this magical store.... I'm stuck with Home Depot and Lowes :-(
        - Dave

Comment

• natausch
          Established Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Aurora, IL
          • BT3000 - 15A

They've already spread to Casper and Wichita so they're only a state away from you. Figure five years and you'll also be able to save big money at Menards.

btw this week their Hickory S4S is $4.19 per board foot, Maple at $8.07 and Walnut is $10.98. Not the best prices, but from a store that also sells beef jerky, mattresses and garage doors not too bad.

Comment

• greenacres2
            • Dec 2011
            • La Porte, IN
            • Ryobi BT3000

We go to Menard's for the Sprecher's Root Beer--one of the best root beers i've ever tasted. I hear the cream sodas are really good too, but i stick to the root beer.

earl

Comment

Working...