X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skaning
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2010

HF 2 hp Dust collector

Right now it's on sale evrywhere at $189.00 but in the latest issue of Wood Magazine there is a coupon that puts it at $149.00 Thats as low as I've seen it since I started watching for a sale on it. Local store in Newport News, VA actually groused about it but it went through their register. I'm not really ready for a DC in putting the shop together but I figured I wouldn't see that price again for quite awhile

FWIW coupon is good till 2/2/12
  • Cubsfan
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • CO.

Interesting, mine says good until 5/17/12. I went to get one on Sunday but they were all sold out.

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by Skaning
      Right now it's on sale evrywhere at $189.00 but in the latest issue of Wood Magazine there is a coupon that puts it at $149.00 Thats as low as I've seen it since I started watching for a sale on it. Local store in Newport News, VA actually groused about it but it went through their register. I'm not really ready for a DC in putting the shop together but I figured I wouldn't see that price again for quite awhile

FWIW coupon is good till 2/2/12
      the secret to assembling a shop at a reasonable cost is to know what you want to buy and then buying it when it is available for the right price, whether it;s needed right then or not. only my really extravagant friends buy tools just when they need them,and they pay bust out retail.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

$149 is a very good price. That's what I paid a few years ago and I don't remember seeing there since then.

You're going to need a DC eventually. The beneifit to getting one as you're building your shop is that you won't have to tear up everything to install it at the end.

If there is any issue with your "finance committee" authorizing the expenditure, point out that this is a health requirement. Check out Bill Pentz' site for collateral support on the health aspect.

JR
        JR

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That $149 price has been in the magazine ads for quite some time, maybe a year or more. I don't think it's been any lower than that in a really long time though. It's worth checking out the magazine ads every once and awhile as many times the super coupons in those ads have better prices than their mailing fliers or website have. Nice score for your shop.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by toolguy1000
            the secret to assembling a shop at a reasonable cost is to know what you want to buy and then buying it when it is available for the right price, whether it;s needed right then or not. ....
            That's an excellent philosophy that's worked well for me. I think I've only paid regular retail on one or two tools. Now that the shop is full, it's hard to resist when I see those crazy deals come along.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Retail,What the **** is retail

Comment

Working...