• Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

PC 6 gal compressor $89?

I could be wrong here, but I'm remembering it this way.
    The 6 gal PC compressor from Home Depot has always been $169-179.

In the ad in this link to a sale at HD, they say the original price was $109, now marked down to $89?

I'm thinking they made a mistake on the original price?

At any rate, here's the link:

http://www.homedepot.com/Featured-Pr...atalogId=10053
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I'm not the best Google searcher so it's possible I'm mistaken but the only place I could find this compressor for sale was at HD. A number of other places did have reconditioned units for sale though. Could this be a discontinued model and HD purchased all the remaining inventory or maybe a model PC has built just for HD? It is a good price for anyone looking for a smaller compressor.

Comment

• frumper64
      Established Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Garland, Tx, USA.

Looks identical to one I picked up a few years ago on a Black Friday sale for $99. It has been great and does just what it supposed to do
      Jim
      64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

It's mostly been available at the higher price ($150+), but always with some more stuff (the 'kit', or the nail-guns, etc). I got mine with two nail guns for $149 at Amazon, and was (am) very happy with it.

$89 is a darn good price for it, even if you have to buy the nail guns separately.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• herb fellows
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • New York City
          • bt3100

Originally posted by radhak
          It's mostly been available at the higher price ($150+), but always with some more stuff (the 'kit', or the nail-guns, etc). I got mine with two nail guns for $149 at Amazon, and was (am) very happy with it.

$89 is a darn good price for it, even if you have to buy the nail guns separately.
          I guess I'm losing it, I thought the 3 nail gun kit was about $269-279.
          I thought they had a 1 gun kit for about $209, but again, the memory is going bye bye!
          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• mrhans
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2011
            • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Excellent compressor at a great price. I bought a three gun kit from Amazon years ago and when that one started making death noises I gave it to a friend. He uses it very infrequently so it should last him a few more years yet. I bought another one from HD to replace that one and it's purring right along. Kinda noisy but it is very compact and dependable.

Comment

• radhak
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • Miramar, FL
              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by herb fellows
              I guess I'm losing it, I thought the 3 nail gun kit was about $269-279.
              I thought they had a 1 gun kit for about $209, but again, the memory is going bye bye!
              No, you remember it right : the 2 gun kit was generally sold at around $230 odd, but deals brought the price below $200; mine was a one-time deal and - not sure - perhaps was also a refurb. But at that price, and after 5 years, it is one of my best tools, and at a great deal!
              Last edited by radhak; 11-26-2011, 07:23 PM.
              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
              - Aristotle

Comment

Working...