X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unknown poster
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006

PC 557 Joiner $120 at HD

My local Home Depot stores are clearanceing out the Porter Cable 557 plate joiner for $120.

I saw a few stores in the Charlotte NC area with the clearance price recently. I had some extra time and decided to negotiate with the manager at a store that only had a display left, he went down to $80. They had the case with the accessories on a shelf above the display (I dont think the manager knew this). The joiner itself looks like no one even handled it in the store, all the parts are there and the screws were tight.

Good luck.

PS. Please don't post this on slickdeals/fatwallet yet. Give the woodworkers a chance to pick them up. I'll put it out there eventually.
    Last edited by unknown poster; 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM.
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the tip, however, as soon as you posted this it was seen by all the folks that lurk our site... we have many visitors per day as you can imagine, not all are interested in solely woodworking. Many people mine forums for this type of data. Just a friendly FYI. ;-)
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2006
      • Fort Worth area

I saw this posted on another forum about 6-8 weeks ago, but the local stores I've checked still had it at 219.95.
      I'll check again this weekend. Jim.

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

still $220 here in westchester cty, ny (20 mins north of NYC).
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• buff51p
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2003
          • greenville, sc, USA.

biscuit joiner

picked up one this weekend marked 120.00 asked manager if he would take 100.00 when to check out used coupon and got for 80.00. brand new never opened. thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...