• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhans
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2011
    • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Originally posted by r_wright1
    You guys can't be serious here - you actually expect to get a brand new bandsaw delivered to your door for $7.00 and are having issues that it isn't happening? Common sense comes into play here. This is no different than when a major advertiser runs and incorrect price in an ad and does not have to honor it. There have been previous listings in this forum regarding great deals on floor tools some web sites that were incorrect and the vendor did not have to follow through on the deal.

If you took this to court, you would lose this case in a court of law. Ebay will back the seller on this one, mistakes happen.
    Stop looking at the price for a moment. I bid on stuff I want. I expect that what I'm bidding on going to end in a legitimate sale. If I get it lower (or far lower) than thats cool. It's the main reason I go to Ebay, or Amazon, or Craigslist etc. Its to get a lower price.
    If they were mistaken in what they listed than it is on them. If they do not follow through with a deal then their feedback will suffer. Time to learn from their mistake. In looking at their feedback, they dont seem to be a particularly attentive seller.

Originally posted by woodturner
    My point was that the rules on ebay and legal contracts are different.

Submitting a case on eBay is a better way to go - the seller arguably violated eBay's rules, but it would be difficult to make a case for breach of contract, in my opinion.

Given the seller complaints about eBay "always" siding with the buyer, it seems likely that an eBay case would be resolved in favor of the buyer.

BTW, be aware their "72 hours" to resolve the case is often longer. I recently had to escalate a case, and their response (within 72 hours) was that it would take them 30 days to resolve the matter.

I speculate they are trying to delay resolution until the credit card chargeback dispute period (60 days) tolls, but that is speculation on my part.
    Its understood that Ebay is different, with its own set of rules. You were showing what your interpretation of a sale was. I was pointing out Ebay's version and rules were, not what is generally accepted elsewhere.

If you do want to start a case, sooner is better as yes, it sure can and frequently does take up to thirty days to resolve issues.

Comment

• Dal300
      Banned
      • Aug 2011
      • East Central Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine also bought one of the ones that was available and hasn't received a cancellation notice yet. Since I was the first in line and they deliver his but not mine, then there will be more than a little bit of trouble.

The other thing is that, contrary to eBay rules they cancelled the transaction without asking me, which is required under eBay TOS. I wasn't actually ever expecting to see two band saw come up the driveway in my neighborhood UPS truck, but I do want to take it as far as I can.

Comment

Working...