X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhans
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2011
    • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Went to the Lowes nearest me (Lincolnwood, IL) but they only had the clpk232-180 not the clpk23-180. Fabulous deal for those that could get in on it! I paid full pop for this combo about five months ago, wouldve been nice to get some extra batteries as the slim line batteries get used up QUICKLY during continued operation. If there's any extras floating about I'll buy as well for cost plus shipping and a lil extra for your time.
    Just a thought for those that got this deal, did you get in on the extra battery offer they have currently for combo packs?

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

That extra battery deal was not available for this kit unfortunatly as I tried to get it as well,but was denied.

Comment

• mrhans
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2011
        • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Originally posted by tommyt654
        That extra battery deal was not available for this kit unfortunatly as I tried to get it as well,but was denied.
        Never hurts to ask.

Comment

• woodworker1
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2006

For those that know (read Tommy) how do the various Lowe's store decide or get to the point that they lower the price? How much of the pricing is done nationwide versus the individual store.

As an example I went to one store locally and bought the one I posted on earlier for $100 after talking with the tool manager. He made a big deal about how much they paid for it, which I don't doubt.

This morning I had to do errands and went by two different Lowe's stores. One had the price at$34, but had just sold the last one. At the other store they had one (the display) and I bought it for $39. I then called another store about 30 minutes from me, where I will be driving tomorrow. They had six, but the price was $159, on clearance.

It makes no sense to me, can someone explain how this works?

thanks, and thanks again tommy for posting this deal

john

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Guess the easiest way to explain it is Lowes,Home Depot,Menards and all the big box stores in general have a set monthly quota to meet. Now somewhere along the way they meet that quota and have a fund setup on the side that allows them to discount certain merchandise along the way. Whenever they have items such as this drill set that is no longer going to be a stocked item they are allowed to begin discounting these items to clear inventory for new stock. All the head cheese cares about is moving inventory in and out of the store and once his monthly quota is met he can begin discounting the merchandise. Stores located in smaller areas have a lower monthly quota so they will discount quicker than someone in a larger market area. Most of the time its hit or miss. I just hit more often than others and have a manner that appeals to a lot of folks and as the wife says I can talk a snake out of its skin

Comment

• woodworker1
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2006

Well, I was able to get two more today @ $39. I had checked at this store yesterday and they said they were closing them out at $199 and could not reduce them any further.

So this morning I stopped by and was looking for someone in the tool department to talk to about it. Along comes the store manager and asks if she can help me. I explained that I wanted to buy this closeout drill kit and would she price match another local store. She told one of the other people to call the store and verify the price. While he was doing that she changed her mind and said to go ahead and honor it. The guy almost lost it, he couldn't believe she was going to authorize the sale at that price. When he started to ring it up I said I wanted the other one as well. He became a little more agitated and told one of his coworkers that he would do it but note on the paperwork that the manager made him do it. At that point I told him there should be one or two more in the store and he said he was going to buy them. (I did not want to irritate him and could tell what he was thinking)

I report this just to verify what Tommy was saying, it all depends on who you run into and if you can catch them in the right mood or it is the right time of the month.

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Yup, There will be a slew of these as well as a lot of DeWalts coming up on CL and Fleabay in the upcoming months as a lot of tools are getting clearanced out now for the x-mas sales. But like I said the employees will lie,cheat till they have blood runnin from their ears to keep these hidden as well as buying them all up. It always also helps to check the overheads in stores as a lot of times the employees will hide them away for an even lower drop in price. We had a few folks here for months on CL that had bought a lot of the 4 piece DeWalt kits last yr. and I was havin a blast posting the same items saying I had bought them at HD for some ridiculously low price that they were sellin for just to tick off these employee/thieves that were keepin the folks in the general population from being able to purchase. Had a lot of nasty e-mails sent to my spam e-mail site, but it was fun

Comment

Working...