• Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Narex Skew Chisels from Lee-Valley

I just picked up my mail this morning and see the new "Lee-Valley Fall Home and Garden 2011" catalog and spotted this Narex skew chisel introductory offer page 23.

I purchased some individual Narex bevel chisels last year and really loved them. They're a great size, unbelievably priced, and the steel really holds an edge quite nicely.

This past winter, Lee-Valley offered a mortice chisel set from Narex and I added that to my chisel inventory. Again, the same great quality!

In fact, I liked these Narex chisels so well that it prompted me to go searching for the home site for Narex and I found they make a variety of hand tools, including a "Skew" pair of chisels. That prompted me to write Lee-Valley, with the Narex information, back in April and they replied that they were going to look into it. After a few weeks, they sent me another e-mail saying that they thought they might have them at some time in October, 2011.

So they're here and at an "introductory price" of $16.50! Here's a link to the product page: http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...66&cat=51&ap=1

I know that many members of the forum have Narex chisels and I thought I should pass this information on. (BTW, I have no relationship with Lee-Valley other than being a great fan of their products and service.)

CWS
    Last edited by cwsmith; 09-23-2011, 01:47 PM.
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • fgarvin
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2009

Free shipping on $40 or more until the 26th too.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the heads up, I might have to try these out.

I have a pair of Crown skews, but the steel isn't that great. Nice request to Lee valley!
      Erik

Comment

• Armini
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I have the pair, they are a match for the newer Narex bevel edge set Lee Valley now offers (the older set had a straight bevel, new ones are more tapered). Same minor drawback of needing a fair amount of lapping to get rid of the machining marks on the back, but once that is done they are high quality steel that holds an edge well, good handles, all at a remarkable price.

Comment

• Carpenter96
          Established Member
          • Aug 2011
          • Barrie ON Canada
          • BT 3000

Narex

Hi I'm a carpentry instructor and we have been recomending the narex line of chisels to our students because of the the excelent quality and reasonable price. I own the mortice chisels and the skew chisels myself and they are great. Just finished 10 dining room chairs, each one having 22 mortice and tennon joints so I got to use them quite a bit. Regards Bob McDermid

Comment

Working...