• Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Narex bevel edge chisels from Lee-Valley

I just received this in my E-mail and thought that the forum might be interested:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,41504&p=67707

These are an excellent buy, IMHO. I've got a nice set up to 1", which I've purchased individually over the last year or so. I've also got their mortice chisels, which have proven to be excellent also.

All of the Narex chisels are about 11" or so long, with sturdy hardwood handles that feel very good in the hand. Overall, these are large, very well made, and hold their edge very well. They are much better than my older Marples' which were made in Sheffield, England. (the new Marples are made in China).

Note, that they are not "boxed" however. They do come with tip guards though.

A very nice addition to anyone's shop, I think!

CWS

ps, please note that I have no connection with Lee-Valley or Narex, other than being a very happy customer.
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

I saw that email this morning too. I picked up a set of Narex mortise chisels from LV and I really like them. I've heard good things about these bevel chisels. Keep in mind that these aren't metric equivalents they are the actual imperial sizes.
    Erik

Comment

Working...