X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

PC 371 Belt Sander $39 @ Lowes

I,m not dead just been elsewhere, These are nice heavy little sanders 2 1/2 x 14 at Lowes for $39 unless of course your me,them you get 2 4 50
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM.
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I have never used on but I always thought the short, narrow platen on the smaller belt sanders would make it too easy to create lows spots or gouges.

I am a fan of PC belt sanders. I have the 352VS 3"x21" and the combination of balance, weight, and power it offer makes it easily the best belt sander I have ever used.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by tommyt654
      I,m not dead just been elsewhere, These are nice heavy little sanders 2 1/2 x 14 at Lowes for $39 unless of course your me,them you get 2 4 50
      Are you buying this sander?

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Austin, TX

I've noticed this sander for the past couple of years, thinking how 'interesting' it looked with its compact size yet chunky design. I've got a Ridgid 3x18 sander that sat in the box for a year before I needed it. I guess my sanding needs were either larger(like the deck, requiring a pad floor sander) or more detailed work where my palm sander or MultiMaster would do the job. I'd sure consider this one IF I needed a compact belt sander.

Heck, if you got the 10% bonus gift card deal AND used the ubiquitous 'movers coupon', this thing would almost be FREE!

Might still need to drop by and take a look! That 2 4 50 deal sounds mighty tempting! What's your secret?

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Already bought 2 of them 1 was a display, hence the 2 4 50 price. These work well for sanding a door down to size or face frames to fit. The one I got I used to resand the handrails on a deck that needed smoothing out before restaining. Pretty tough little unit for the money IMO. I think any beltsander will leave a dent if you leave it in 1 spot too long

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

What's the SKU? I don't want to drive all the way down there to find it's not that price locally.

Thanks!

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

Originally posted by BigguyZ
              What's the SKU? I don't want to drive all the way down there to find it's not that price locally.

Thanks!
              I've already done that;-(.

I went to 3 Lowes stores, and all of them told me it wasn't even on the books any more, they didn't even have numbers for it.,it was closed out between 9 months and a year ago etc. etc.
              If anyone has a sku or receipt or??, please post. Thanks!
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• fgarvin
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2009

PORTER-CABLE 1100 Orbits per Minute Compact Belt Sander
                Item #: 254907 | Model #: 371

Here is the item

Hope this helps.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008