• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10sCoachRick
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Austin, TX

Tyler Tool--40% off if you can find something in stock

This thread might be of interest to those who (want to) deal with Tyler Tool. Looks like 40% off and free shipping over $99. Of course, Festool, Bosch, Fein, et al are quite limited but I managed to find a good deal on a Dewalt Track Saw and guide(~20% less than any other deal I've found AND no tax, no shipping).

Credit to the OP IF my deal goes through. Got the email confirmation and it showed the discount.

Happy hunting!

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...4719&t=2604405
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

For the last month or so they were offering 30% off any in stock item. Problem was every single item I looked up was "On Backorder". Now they're offering 40% off.......pretty hard to sell anything when off the wagon when the wagon is empty! I've done business with Tyler Tool in the past and have always been happy with what I've gotten from them but these latest 30% - 40% off of basically nothing promos are worthless as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even bother opening up the 40% off email promo they sent as I knew it would be a waste of time to even check it out.

Comment

• themachine
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Cincinnati, OH
      • BT3100, General Intl. 220

I agree with the first response to this post. This deal has been listed all over the place and almost everyone who responds says what a big waste of time trying to find something in stock.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Austin, TX

But, but, but...

Yeah, I tried for some MultiMaster accessories and Bosch goodies during the 30% off promo...no luck. At that time, I was 'barely' interested in a track saw, thinking I would 'make do' with my Ridgid table saw. When I found the Dewalt track saw and short rail for $346.80, I decided to pull the trigger. I 'might' regret not going for the Festool locally @ $545 w/tax(but I doubt it ).

As of this AM, I have no indication that the deal is not going through as ordered. Guess I'll be building that 'built in' wall unit that DW wants in the master bedroom. I've never constructed a 'show piece' before...wish me luck! At 8 feet wide and about 6 feet tall, it will be hard to miss .
        Last edited by 10sCoachRick; 01-25-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• dsinger
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I too just ordered a Dewalt Track Saw and guide. So far all indications is that the order is accepted. If it works out it is a great deal if not I am out only a few minutes of time. The pricing is much better than I have ever seen with this saw. Inflation is coming soon too this will likely be the last time I could even think of a saw like this and much safer than sliding my stnd circular saw down the side of an aluminum fence to cut ply

Comment

• herb fellows
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • New York City
            • bt3100

As long as it didn't say backordered, you should be ok.
            Mine said backordered, but they accepted it anyway. 4 hours later, got the ng email:-(
            You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Luckbox
              Established Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Holly Springs, NC

Well looked them over and was luck enough to find a Porter-Cable PSH2 Gravity Feed Detail Spray Gun in stock. I have been looking to try out a spray gun at at 40% off it was hard to pass this up.
              I love lamp.

Comment

• jimglassford
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2008

Great Deals for months

Maybe we could drop the wining here. The sales started last year at 10% off and went to 25% off before Christmas. I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of tools. After Christmas, it was 30% off and I again purchased hundreds of dollars worth of tools. My neighbor purchased an air impact wrench. Now it is 40% off and I purchased a shaper cutter and a lot of sanding disks for my DA. What a steal at 40% off. There are other items I am considering now or waiting for maybe 50% off. There are a lot of items left. However, I will not complain that I waited for a better deal then get upset because someone else purchased the last item at a lower discount. We can not buy everything below retailers cost all of the time. There are still a lot of bargains at Tylertools if you just look.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Austin, TX

Just a quick follow-up...FedEx sent notification that my Dewalt Track Saw ($347 w/short track)should be delivered tomorrow. Guess I need to find some stock for that 'dresser-TV stand-wall unit thingie' that My Darling wants . Since it will be painted, I guess there's no reason to look for any specific central Texas species.

This is going to be a lot tougher than the potting table I made by re-purposing our 'former' front door. Wish me luck!

Comment

• fgarvin
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2009

Which model was the Tracksaw? I couldn't find the $347 one even if it was out of stock. I might have been doing the math wrong too. The cordless ones seemed high even with the discount, given they were discontinued and on clearance a few months back.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Austin, TX

Item Unit Price Qty. In Stock Cost
                      Dewalt DWS520K Corded TrackSaw $479.00 1 $479.00
                      Dewalt DWS5022 59" Track for TrackSaw $99.00 1 $99.00
                      Subtotal: $578.00
                      Shipping: $0.00
                      Tax: $0.00
                      40% savings: -$231.20
                      Total: $346.80

That's the one. Hope you can find a deal! I'm afraid to go back and 'save' some more money!

Comment

• paynea
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jun 2006
                        • Massachusetts, USA
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the heads-up. It's worth some persistence ... when I first happened on this thread and checked out the track saws everything was backordered but the cordless ($$$) packages. I checked back a few days ago and there was one of the corded Dewalt track saws in stock again. It showed up on the porch yesterday at quite a discount.

Most of the accessories were backordered though. I found Tools Plus had much better prices (and flat rate shipping) than Amazon on the accessories that were sold out at Tyler Tools (clamp, track joining clip, square) thanks to the "InvisibleHand" plugin for Firefox. It puts a little banner up when browsing a listing on Amazon, etc. (or even Google I noticed today) to know where one can find an item cheaper. I've been surprised by its results a few times (saved about $20 just on those accessories above).

Adam

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Austin, TX

paynea, Thank YOU for the tip on the accessories. I've finished my first project with the track saw...installing a cork plank floor in DW's office and making a bulletin board from some of the scraps. The track saw was great for making point to point finesse cuts to fit the bay window shape and built-in bookshelf bump-out. I would like to get a clamp set and additional blade soon. We have a 'factory service center' close by and I'll check their stock of goodies...prices are usually high but you never know.

I saw(get it) the Amazon 'banner' appear on my screen with their secret price on the saw...still saved $60 with Tyler . That little banner trick feels a bit like 'Big Brother' watching .

Comment

• MBG
                            • Apr 2003
                            • Chicago, Illinois.
                            • Craftsman 21829

OK - finally found something I really need and the winter40 code says it's expired. Anyone else having any luck?

Mike

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Austin, TX

Originally posted by MBG
                              OK - finally found something I really need and the winter40 code says it's expired. Anyone else having any luck?

Mike
                              DANG! I just tried it and it was 'expired' for me as well. Guess that 2/15 cut-off date was just an estimate! If you call tomorrow, mayhaps they can correct the error.

Comment

Working...