• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aimlesssoul
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Illinois, Will County

Is this a good or great bargin

A Freud LM72R010 for $24.97? It is a clearance item at Sears, will it go any lower? I know they have a pricing scheme, I heard if it ended in a 3 they were done, i.e. 27.93. Is that true.
    I am in shape. Round is a shape!
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That's an excellent price the way it is. I not sure if I would wait around and gamble on it both going further down in price AND any being left on the shelf when you finally decide to pull the trigger on it.

Comment

• tbarn
      Established Member
      • Jun 2004
      • PA, USA.
      • BT3100

It is 59.99 on amazon so I would say it is a real good price.
      I don't think it is a thin-kerf though so be careful, depending on what saw you are using it for.
      I tried a full kerf on my BT3100 and it boged down too much as compared to a thin-kerf.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

That is a very good price. It's a full kerf I think.

Comment

• KC7CN
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2007
          • Deltona, Florida
          • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by Aimlesssoul
          A Freud LM72R010 for $24.97? It is a clearance item at Sears, will it go any lower? I know they have a pricing scheme, I heard if it ended in a 3 they were done, i.e. 27.93. Is that true.
          I found one of these blades in the Clearance section of the Albany, Oregon Sears - it was marked down to $18.00. Needless to say, I snagged it! I peeled off the clearance sticker when I got home, and the previous price was $38.47.

In any case, I used the blade for the first time today; to rip a variety of stock for a project; one piece was some kind of hard Oak. Worked great! The blade is worth $24.97 for sure!

-Don

Comment

• jlm
            Established Member
            • Oct 2005
            • Austin, TX

I got a couple for $18, too (in Austin, TX). So if nobody buys it at $25, it's likely to go down some, but like sweensdv said, it probably won't be there when you come back for it. It's a great blade at $25.

You could also talk to the tool department manager and see if he'll split the difference with you. Offer him $20 and see if he'll cut you a deal.

Comment

• capnjack2
              Forum Newbie
              • Jul 2007
              • East Setauket, NY
              • BT 3100

I just looked at it on Sears online and it's $59.99. It redirects to the Rockler website, though. I'll stop in my local Sears on the way home.
              Jack

Comment

Working...