X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broschultz
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2006

triton superjaws

I picked up a triton superjaws at Amazon for $99 with free shipping. I know it's not as good as the Rockwell but the HD version is $139 on sale from $159.
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

'I know it's not as good as the Rockwell'

Actually, I was wondering about that. I have the Rockwell because I lucked into a deal on it (someone got it as a present and didn't want it), so I didn't do my usual 3 days of research!
    What exactly are the differences?
    At a glance, they look pretty similar to me.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Chris_B
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Cupertino, CA

Originally posted by herb fellows
      What exactly are the differences?
      The Jawhorse was designed by the same team that worked on the SuperJaws, and is the latest evolution.

See: Review at Stu's Shed

This guy owns three of the Triton SuperJaws, and says: "It is definitely the equal (and obviously superior to) the SuperJaws."

There are a number of refinements, but the key differences are the:
      1) latches for the legs & vice,
      2) size (/strength) of the jaws, &
      3) addition of a roller for transport (on smooth surfaces only)

Comment

• broschultz
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2006

I read the review pretty carefully as well as some on the Amazon site. Some reviewers pointed out that the Rockwell used a plastic wheel for the roller and it looked like a weak link. Others pointed out the wheel was too small to work on gravel. I received mine already and it was pretty heavy. The Rockwell is even heavier so although it's a plus for the reviewer, it's one I can live without as the lighter one will make my life easier. The Rockwell has a larger surface area on the vise face which is a plus and which is why, in the reviewer's opinion the Rockwell is sturdier and bulked up.
        By the way the price today is up to $119. HD has a black friday sale on the Ridgid model for $139.

Comment

Working...