X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

H.F Multitool,$19.99

Yup, It,ll be on sale during Black Friday for $19.99, might as well buy 2 at that price.
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

I saw the ad, and I have to say, I don't see any reason to fight the crowds for something you can get for close to the price any other day.

Now if it was the variable speed for $29.99, then we might be talking.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• jbrain
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2007
      • roseville california
      • Bt3100

I've been eyeing the tool for awhile. Best price I have EVER seen is $29.99 with coupon.

$19.99 is a great price. Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

• mowildone
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2005

They had it at a parking lot sale, maybe a month ago, for 29.99 without coupon. Some folks got it for $24.00 using 20@ off coupon.
        At 19.99 it is the absolute best price.

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Tommy, where do you see Black Friday ads in mid-October? Wow, that's a deal ! I thought I did well at $29.99.
          Richard

Comment

• sweensdv
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • WI
            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Killer deal for $20. As far as the variable speed version goes, I can't really see much of a need for variable speed with a tool like this. Maybe for the sanding feature but other than that why pay for a feature that may never be used?

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Thorough internet searching and some luck,+ I know my H.F. manager real well

Comment

• mowildone
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2005

I have both fixed and variable speed. Have not used the variable yet. My only problem with the fixed is that the single high speed burns wood with smoke coming out of the cut. Tried easing the blade into the cut and bought new, non HF blades. Still burned. Bought the variable to hopefully eliminate that problem. BTW the variable looks and feels better and the case is nice.

Comment

• JimD
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • Lexington, SC.

I haven't had any wood burning problem with my single speed. It has come in very handy a few times. For instance, I wanted to cut the baseboard moulding and crown moulding to install a bookshelf (that was then wrapped with the same mouldings). No good way to do this with other tools. Took literally a few seconds with this vibrating tool. I also used it to cut a bunch of 5/8 fire rated drywall. A knife and snapping would have worked but I was replacing 1/4 waferboard (a bad idea) and being easily able to trace the outline of the wafer was handy. The drywall dulled that blade but they are pretty cheap. I also used it to cut off some plastic pipe in my irragation system. I needed to cut the pipe in a hole in the ground (water was gone). Hand tools work but the HF was much quicker and less frustrating.

Even if you do not know how you will use it at the moment, I would get one. You will find a use for it.

Jim

Comment

• Thalermade
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Ohio
                    • BT 3000

Originally posted by phrog
                    Tommy, where do you see Black Friday ads in mid-October? Wow, that's a deal ! I thought I did well at $29.99.

Try bfads.net They released the Harbor Freight sale info a day or two ago. There is also a Sears Oct. 29/30 ad posted at bfads.net that has several good buys. A rechargable LED light for about $17.

hope this helps

Russ

ps. The multitool for $19 is a steal. I paid $24 and have used it numerous times and each time it was priceless. Nothing else would have done the job with the speed or ease it did.
                    Last edited by Thalermade; 10-21-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• phrog
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2005
                      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Thalermade
                      Try bfads.net They released the Harbor Freight sale info a day or two ago. There is also a Sears Oct. 29/30 ad posted at bfads.net that has several good buys. A rechargable LED light for about $17.

hope this helps

Russ

ps. The multitool for $19 is a steal. I paid $24 and have used it numerous times and each time it was priceless. Nothing else would have done the job with the speed or ease it did.
                      Thanks, Russ. Tommy has an uncanny ability to find these things. And I agree that this is a steal. I've used mine many times and thought it well worth the $29 I paid.
                      Richard

Comment

• herb fellows
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • New York City
                        • bt3100

Following ed62's post for the 9.99 digital caliper, they also have the multi tool.
                        They have it on a coupon for 24.99, so if you don't want to fight the crowds and also run the possibility of them being out of stock (do they offer rain checks on Black Friday items? I'm guessing not), you might want to go this route for the extra $5.00.
                        They also have the variable speed for 49.99, good but not great.
                        If you don't have a HF near you, you can also get these online, but of course you incur shipping charges. Their shipping is a bit high imho, $ 9.00 for me for those 2 items.
                        Good till Nov 20th, no rain checks on coupon items.

http://www.harborfreight.com/woodmag...ail=2764463985
                        You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• iceman61
                          • Oct 2007
                          • West TN
                          • Bosch 4100-09

By the time you buy the attachments that come with the multi tool, you've already paid $24. So buying a new muti tool for $19 or $24 is a no brainer to me. I just paid $7.99 for a new plunge cut blade today. I use this tool on just about every job I go on. My guys say these multi tools are indespensable. I agree 100%.

Comment

• DeuceLee
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2008

if you're in the midwest, get the $20 model at menards (currently on sale)...2.3 amps vs this 1.6 amp HF model...looks much better too imo...

Comment

• eezlock
                              • Feb 2006
                              • Charlotte,N.C.
                              • BT3100

HF multi tool

I bought one a few weeks back, have used it on several things around the shop
                              works better than I really expected it to! Am going to pick up a couple more of the smaller wood/ metal cutting blades next time at HF. This tool may be one of their "gems" or "sleepers" and hasn't really caught on well as of yet.Would be a
                              heck of a good deal for $19.99. I had to do some actual wood sill repair in the shop the other day....it cut right thru the old 2"x8" with no problem, and made that job about 100% easier than planned.

Comment

Working...