X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Craftsman 2 h.p. Plunge Router $79

I have seen these and they appear to be well built and have good reviews,Great price, http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...00100383&aff=Y
  • TheChief
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2008
    • Kentucky
    • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the heads up on this - my "pro" level needs are minimal and I've been looking at this one for a while. Thought I'd have to wait until Black Friday to find a deal like this - doubt it'll go much lower even then so might as well jump.
    TheChief
    "You emptied the dust collector? Dude... some of my best work was in there!"

Comment

• dewi1219
      Established Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Birmingham, AL

I bought one of these the last time they were on sale. I haven't used it yet, but I am impressed with the look and feel of it. The reviews commenting about the play in the fixed base depth adjustment are valid. It's not a big deal to me as I always use setup blocks or a scale to check the depth. The clamp seems to lock the depth very securely once the depth is set.

Comment

• natausch
        Established Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Aurora, IL
        • BT3000 - 15A

I own one and have it mounted in my extension table. The play on the fixed base makes the above table adjust hit or miss, but otherwise no complaints on the function.

Also, the edge guide is fairly basic, but the plunge base has good action and the base fits standard PC/Ridgid bushings. The soft start is helpful when cutting stopped dados with the start and end point cleared out with a Forstner.

Comment

• kevincan
          Established Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Central Illinois
          • Craftsman 21829

I have had this router for close to 4 years. It has done everything that I have asked of it. The height adjustment on the fixed base is a pain - the gears do not catch and it will slip while adjusting.

If I had a need for a router I would buy this again especially at the sale price.

Comment

Working...