X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Router lift

Saw this posted over at another website, looks to be a good deal and save an additional 10% using "sale10" in the coupon code section, http://www.woodpeck.com/precisionrouterlift.html
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Not a bad price at all.
    I'd still prefer the V2 lift with the quick lift feature. http://www.woodpeck.com/prlv2.html
    but with that kind of pricing, the Precision Lift is not to be disregarded.

Jessem still had the imported Master lift on sale for $165 too.
    http://www.jessemdirect.com/Mast_R_L...n_p/02101a.htm
    Erik

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

Nice Tommy. Good find. With the coupon that's about 55% price of V2.
      Last edited by jussi; 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

After much deliberation I'm in for one.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

It does seem to be the better of the 2, but I like my Jessum and can,t see buyin this to replace it,Tho that thought did cross my mind,Hmmmm

Comment

• jussi
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by tommyt654
            It does seem to be the better of the 2, but I like my Jessum and can,t see buyin this to replace it,Tho that thought did cross my mind,Hmmmm
            That's exactly my situation. My Jessem is nice but there is a bit of backlash and the bit height does change a bit after much use. Only reason I know is because I have a wixey height gauge on it. Hopefully the break system on the woodpecker wont allow it to do that.

I was saving up for the v2 but for the price I'll live without the quick bit change feature and thumb wheel. Everything else looks pretty much the same
            Last edited by jussi; 09-08-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• MBG
              • Apr 2003
              • Chicago, Illinois.
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by jussi
              That's exactly my situation. My Jessem is nice but there is a bit of backlash and the bit height does change a bit after much use. Only reason I know is because I have a wixey height gauge on it. Hopefully the break system on the woodpecker wont allow it to do that.

I was saving up for the v2 but for the price I'll live without the quick bit change feature and thumb wheel. Everything else looks pretty much the same
              Jussi - I have a V2 and really like it. The thumb wheel adjustment is nice but I have found from (bad) experience that it needs to be locked down after setting - WP's suggests this too (lift was originally advertised as tool-less operation). Especially on larger bits the vibration can cause the lift to move.

Mike

Comment

Working...