X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

A-Line-It Smart Bar System - $25

I know you could just put a DI on a miter gauge but sometimes it's nice to have something dedicated for a specific task. I prob wouldn't have bought one at full price but at 1/2 off I thought it was worth it.

Peachtree Woodworking Supply is your one stop supply shop for all your woodworking needs.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Mark Smith
    Established Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Southwest CT

Note that this kit comes without the dial indicator. The kit with the dial indicator is over twice as much, although I got it on sale last year for under $50.00.

Comment

• Hoover
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • USA.

thanks for the link. It can also be used to check drill press runout.
      No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2006
        • Fort Worth area

Thanks Jussi! I did get the email, but not before I read your post. Just ordered mine! I had been looking for one that didn't have the dial indicator with it since I already have one. Jim.

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Shipping ended up being almost 1/3 of the price I almost bought something else just so I could justify the shipping cost.

Description says works on jointers and planers as well but haven't really seen any pics or vids on how it would be used for those machines.

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

I ended up getting one too. I about got the complete one last time, but never pulled the trigger. I intended on building a shop made solution, but I never got around to it. The timing and price was right on this one.

I ended up adding some UHMW Slick Tape (cause I haven't tried any yet) to the box for shipping filler.
            Erik

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

For those of you that got or have had one.. how well does the bar fit in the miter slot? Can it be adjusted so that there is absolutely no slop as with an Incra miter gauge? I live about 12 miles from P'tree and might consider one but without a magnet attached to the bar I see no way that it can be used on a jointer and planer. Then again.. you could lay it flat on the table and check to see if the blades are even all the way across by simply sliding it across while holding it flat.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• jussi
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
                For those of you that got or have had one.. how well does the bar fit in the miter slot? Can it be adjusted so that there is absolutely no slop as with an Incra miter gauge? I live about 12 miles from P'tree and might consider one but without a magnet attached to the bar I see no way that it can be used on a jointer and planer. Then again.. you could lay it flat on the table and check to see if the blades are even all the way across by simply sliding it across while holding it flat.
                I still haven't gotten mine Sarge but according to the video there are spring plungers that push the bar towards side of miter slot closest to the blade side. See 1:00 mark.

Quickly set-up, tune up, and check the accuracy of your shop's tools with these systems.

Comment

• garymuto
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Encinitas, CA
                  • Delta Cabinet Saw

I bought one too. I figured that it was worth having something rigid with adjustability. I fell for the dial indiactor tips for $16 which seems like a lot. I do have trouble with my indicator tip which is sharp and sticks at times when i'm trying to slide along a surface so I think it will make checking and adjusting more consistent.

Comment

• jussi
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by garymuto
                    I bought one too. I figured that it was worth having something rigid with adjustability. I fell for the dial indiactor tips for $16 which seems like a lot. I do have trouble with my indicator tip which is sharp and sticks at times when i'm trying to slide along a surface so I think it will make checking and adjusting more consistent.
                    U can get the tips cheaper at different places. I think I paid about $7 for mine plus shipping.

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Sep 2006
                      • Fort Worth area

Mine came today. Looks very nice. Too many baseball games on to go play with it (Rangers on now, TCU/UCLA when I got home. (GO FROGS!)
                      there are at least 2 of the spring ball sockets that can be adjusted to get a good fit. Hope they line up ok on my Grizzly G0691. It has the T slot at the bottom. Jim.

Comment

• pelligrini
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • Fort Worth, TX
                        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
                        Mine just got here a few minutes ago. (On the UPS truck for 14+hrs for delivery) I haven't put it in a miter slot yet. Jussi is correct, there are two spring loaded, adjustable, slack-taker-outers on each end. They are like miniature bullet catches. They are adjusted from the other side of the bar with a small screwdriver. I extended one out for the photo below.

One might be able to drill the bar for some rare earth magnets for use on a jointer or planer. I don't think it would work all that well as the bar is only 3/4" wide and the weight and/or force from the dial indicator would be about the long axis of the bar. Without an indicator and just sitting on my desk I can't hold it in a very stable manner if I apply even a light force on the cross bar.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pelligrini; 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM.
                        Erik

Comment

• garymuto
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • Encinitas, CA
                          • Delta Cabinet Saw

Originally posted by jussi
                          U can get the tips cheaper at different places. I think I paid about $7 for mine plus shipping.
                          Thanks for the "tip" . Fortunately the set I bought works and it was certainly convenient to buy all at once. I had a wood jig that I made and I have to admit that this little fixture is worth the $25+$8 paid. The wider tip slides along the fence better too. It looks like my old set up worked though since my saw has really good alignment. The advantages I see are that this set up will provide at least as good results faster and easier.

Comment

Working...