X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Any Pickers out there?

I just got back from the local Target store and p/u a couple of these for myself and G-Daughter since I,ll be sitting her a lot more this summer while schools out. Think I,ll teach her some CSN+Y plus some more clasic acoustic guitar songs I know,If I can remember how to play, Its been about 10 yrs since I sold all my axes, These aren,t the greatest guitars but have a nice tone and are well built, and hey for less than $80 for 2 they,ll do just fine for teachin, and yes their Fender Guitars.
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM.
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by tommyt654
    I just got back from the local Target store and p/u a couple of these for myself and G-Daughter since I,ll be sitting her a lot more this summer while schools out. Think I,ll teach her some CSN+Y plus some more clasic acoustic guitar songs I know,If I can remember how to play, Its been about 10 yrs since I sold all my axes, These aren,t the greatest guitars but have a nice tone and are well built, and hey for less than $80 for 2 they,ll do just fine for teachin, and yes their Fender Guitars.
    That price is almost unbelievable. (Dare I say? The folks that made those guitars probably weren't much older than your g-daughter either! )
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• navank
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2009
      • Folsom, CA
      • BT3000

I am going to stop by Target on my way home today. Thanks Tommy!

Going off thread a bit, Alex - you have the coolest avatar!!

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

If anyone here finds them before there all gone make sure to stop by a good music store before getting home and get a better set of strings, The ones that come with it are junk(cheap fender), I like a set of Ernie Ball super slinkys myself. I already got out the saw and made me a bottle slide for some good acoustic slide music, This dang thing don,t sound bad at all(specially fo da money)

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

BTW, Here it is on Amazon,..,http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Starcas.../dp/B001943W9M

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Thanks for the info! Hopefully there's some in stock at our local target.
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• Alex Franke
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Chapel Hill, NC
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by SHADOWFOX
              Thanks for the info! Hopefully there's some in stock at our local target.
              The shelf was cleaned off at my local store...
              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
                Veteran Member
                • May 2005
                • IL, USA.
                • DELTA 36-675

Went to two Target nearby work at lunch and both stores have at least 4 of them in stock but the price was $149.99
                Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• Bushmaster
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Bellevue, Nebraska
                  • Older Craftsman

Electric

Thanks for the post...I think My daughter is learning how to play and I have a nice Ovation acoustic, but I wanted a cheap electric to mess around with. I ended up buying the Stratocaster electric package (with an amp) for $139. I got it home and played with it a little...its alot of fun. It needs a string upgrade, but everything else seemed allright. Maybe now I can be that closet guitarist I always wanted to be

Comment

• tommyt654
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008

Hey Bushmaster, Keep an eye out at that Target, mine had that same package for the electric strat for $59.00. If they drop the price in 30 days they,ll adjust it for you if you complain, If not simply return and rebuy it.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • Minneapolis, MN
                      • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I went to my local Target (had to get some other stuff anyways) yesterday, and they had both the accoustic and the electric on sale for $80 and $100 each. Less than the regular price, but definitely more than you paid... I passed.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2005
                        • IL, USA.
                        • DELTA 36-675

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                        I went to my local Target (had to get some other stuff anyways) yesterday, and they had both the accoustic and the electric on sale for $80 and $100 each. Less than the regular price, but definitely more than you paid... I passed.
                        Was the cheaper price actually posted on the box of the guitars or displayed in the shelf they're on. Or, Does the cheaper price only show up at the register?
                        Chris

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

I,d check again on Mon.Thats usually when markdowns occur,or so I,ve been told. Also check other stores in your area as Targets markdowns are not regional.

Comment

• phone60
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Feb 2010
                            • Philadelphia, PA
                            • ryobi BT3100

Pickers

When I saw this post I thought it was about trash pickers not guitar pickers. So my wife is on a crusade to "save the chairs" by picking up 3 old beaten up decrepit Adirondack chairs. So for the last 2 weeks I have rebuilt,stripped ,sanded and stained one,painted the other two. They are now in my back yard and my wife loves them. What we have to do to keep our other happy.

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

You got one of those too, Gawd knows how many things mine brings home for me to fix up, but it keeps her out of my hair most of the time.

Comment

Working...