X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Possible clearancing of Ridgid Routers

These might be getting clearanced as they are being replaced with a 2 h.p. router, Just thought you guys might want to keep an eye out at your local store. I have one and its a great router,.., http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Heavy-Du...o/EN/index.htm
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Interesting that the new model is reducing the HP. That doesn't make much sense to me??????

Comment

• pecker
      Established Member
      • Jun 2003

Where would you even buy the "clearance" model. Or the new one for that matter.

I was looking to buy another router recently.
      The only Ridgid router at the HD website is a laminate trimmer, and none of my local HD's carried a fullsize Ridgid router at all.

I had heard they made a pretty nice one, but I don't see them for sale anywhere. Least not where I could take a look at it.

Comment

• Garasaki
        • Sep 2006

I've been looking for a second router myself.

Hopefully if these get clearanced someone will post about it.
        -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
        -Henry Blake

Comment

• In-com-plete
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2010

About two months ago my dad saw the Ridgid fixed & plunge base router combo for $150 at the HD where he's at.

After working on his current project he decided he needs another router and I think he's kicking himself for not snagging that one back then.

It's the one amazon has for $291.

Comment

• Zappacat
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2010
            • Lawrence, Kansas USA

I don't see any at my local HD. Does anyone have an HD SKU # for this product and where would they be going on sale. Amazon has them listed for $291. Thanks
            I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records!

OzFloyd

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

The Ridgid "redesign" router has been out for some time. Yes, it's rated at 2 hp, but don't know why it got that rating. Basically it's the same as the older Ridgid router with the exception that there is a newly designed collet lock mechanism that is easier to use. Couple of other minor changes as I recall from looking at it a month or two ago, but I can't remember what those were.

I've had my R29011 Ridgid router for two or three years now and rather like it. I primarily use it in my Rockler router table. Soft start, electronic speed control, well machined housing, above table bit height adjustment via the included T-handle, takes the P-C standard accessories (edge guide, baseplate, template guide bushings, table mounting plate).

The unit comes with both a fixed base and a plunge base, clear acrylic baseplates, two separate collets (1/4- and 1/2-inch) which are well designed, and feature an automatic shank release. The motor also has LED lights in the base and a speed dial which actually is labeled with the RPM, rather than a reference letter.

Only thing about it that I don't like is that the motor housing is maganeseum, which shows some oxidation in these all too humid NY summers.

The router has been for sale right along here in NY state since it's debut three or four years ago. I regularly visit both the Binghamton and the Corning-area Home Depot stores. If it isn't carried at a Home Depot in your area, you need to ask about it, as it should be standard fare.

With the new model showing up a month or so ago, I never did see the old model go on clearance though. As far as Amazon sales is concerned, $291 is way too high! The price with Home Depot is right around $199. Also, it is my understanding, given the exclusive sales agreement between Ridgid and Home Depot, that you'd have a warranty problem (3-year) and you would NOT be able to register it for Ridgid's "Limited Lifetime Service Agree".

I hope this helps,

CWS
              Last edited by cwsmith; 03-17-2010, 04:22 PM.
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

I believe your analysis about the warranty is incorrect. I purchased a lightly used Ridgid Router from a gentleman here and it had never been registered and went online at the Ridgid website and because he had never registered it I had no problems doing so. Therefore I believe your analysis is incorrect as they never asked me for a bill of sale or even proof all that was required were the model and serial no,s of the router.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

while the ridgid LSA makes no reference to the retail source from which a tool is purchased, the following is from the ridgid website:

LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR RIDGIDŽ HAND HELD POWER TOOLS, STATIONARY POWER TOOLS AND PNEUMATIC TOOLS

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGIDŽ Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGIDŽ Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below........

but, there are probably situations where a tool registration could slip through the cracks, even if it doesn't strictly adhere to the intended purpose of the LSA.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• cwsmith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Tommy,

For your sake I would like to think that you are correct; but as stated in Toolguy's post, a receipt and UPC is required with your "mail-in" registration. I say this from experience, having gone through the process a number of times and also from being a member of the Ridgid forum for a few years. But of course, I've been wrong on occasion.

Yes, you can register the tool online just as with Ryobi and probably a few other manufacturer's websites. But the policy for the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" is normally to mail in a "copy" of your cash register receipt and to include the "original" UPC that you must cut from the product carton.

In the past, whenever there was a rebate or other offer that required the UPC, the took priority over the LLSA and therefore the LLSA was temporarily waived. Also, there have been case where the buyer didn't realize that the UPC was required and alledgedly called Ridgid Customer Support and that part of the requirement was waived. (I say "alledgedly" because I haven't heard verification of this.)

However, I have not heard of any purchaser having success in gaining LLSA status on a tool that was purchased second hand or from a source other than Home Depot. But that said, I see no reason why you couldn't register a tool acquired from someone who had recently made the purchase and passed it on to you, complete with receipt and UPC.

Either way, keep watching your Ridgid "Dashboard" and hopefully in about six months or so, the warranty status should change from 3-years to "LLSA". (BTW, for warranty service the center will usually ask you for a copy of your purchase receipt.)

CWS
                    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...