X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Dubby Taper Jig - 40% off

Not as good as their last 50% off promo but still a good price. If I wasn't short on cash right now I'd probably get one. Sarge, didn't you build one of these?

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_030210.htm
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

I was just about to make a post on that deal. If I weren't strapped I'd pick one up too.

I've collected most of the parts to make one, based on the Dubby and Sarge's design. I just never have gotten around to getting it done.
    Erik

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by jussi
      Not as good as their last 50% off promo but still a good price. If I wasn't short on cash right now I'd probably get one. Sarge, didn't you build one of these?

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_030210.htm
      I did indeed after looking at one closely as P'tree is about 14 miles from my door. The only thing I did different was add two Pinnacle hold downs in lieu of the lever type. The Pinnacles work in a miter track as the levers but have an arm that goes up vertical then an arm that goes out horizonal. A threaded bolt with large handle and rubber foot screws directly down on the stock.

The Dubby is an excellent jig and the only reason I didn't purchase it is the price. I usually make my own jigs and with the price definitely did in this case. If confronted with needing one now.. I would buy for that price to save time as clamps alone aren't cheap.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

I replaced my homemade jig with the Dubby when they were on for half off. I like it.

Comment

Working...