X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Bench Dog Acc, Clearance at Lowes

I have not been able to verify this but while looking at another woodworking website I saw someone has stated that Lowes in certain areas were clearancing the Bench Dog accessories out at 50% off, I,ll be checking my Lowes in a little while to see if it applys to my Lowes here in Ga. Just thought I,d pass along to members here if interested.
    Last edited by tommyt654; 02-20-2010, 02:43 PM.
  • iceman61
    • Oct 2007
    • West TN
    • Bosch 4100-09

Lowes in my area clearanced Bench Dog item out last winter. I picked up a couple of item then. Their trim-lock tools are great for making quick work out of installing window trim & setting the reveal. They are also handy for helping to get good measurements on the mitered trim.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Confirmed, Heres, the evidence
      Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • USA.

Thanks for the heads up!!
        No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

And just to beat someone to the punch,Yes we know they can be made out of wood, but IMO these are better and made of high density plastic that will last longer and are arguably more useful on a machine to machine basis.

Comment

• Woodwerker
            Established Member
            • Nov 2005

The crown cut Jig is excellent!!
            I paid $40 a few years ago and used it 3-4 dozen times and it worked perfect
            Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• tbarn
              Established Member
              • Jun 2004
              • PA, USA.
              • BT3100

I was at my local lowes today and the crown jig was 50% off but the feather board which is what I wanted was still full price $25

Comment

• DustyandLefty
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2006
                • Almost West Virginia
                • BT3000 w/ side and rear tables on wheels, BT3100 portable spare, old Delta contractor's

now gone in Frederick

Thanks for the alert -- I think I bought the last 50% off trim lock and miter gauge in Frederick Maryland last night. There was still a feather board left.

I've made a couple of very good wooden feather boards with my BT3000 and the precise blade adjuster by moving the fence in 3/16 increments.

Dusty and Lefty

Comment

• williwatt
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Springfield, TN
                  • Sears 21829

Lowes Clearance Items

I checked my local Lowes in Springfield, TN and they have the Crown Jig, Push-Loc, Trim-Loc, and Feather Board at 50% off. They also have two Milescraft items on 50% clearance: the router Circle/Edge guide @ $14.98 and the router offset base @ $9.98. I think I may go back today and get a feather board. I already have the Push-Loc.

I noticed that Bench Dog now has their version of a bench cookie, except they are orange instead of Rockler's blue. They are the same price @ $11.98 for 4.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Independence, MO, USA.
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by williwatt

I noticed that Bench Dog now has their version of a bench cookie, except they are orange instead of Rockler's blue. They are the same price @ $11.98 for 4.

FYI, Rockler OWNS Bench Dog. My understanding is it was purchased to compete with Woodcraft/Pinnacle/Woodpecker.
                    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Aimlesssoul
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Illinois, Will County

Scored four need only 2

Willing to sell the at cost plus tax and shipping (USPS $10), at least some savings for those that can't get one. Just looked at USPS site maybe able to send for $5
                      Last edited by Aimlesssoul; 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM. Reason: Better shipping
                      I am in shape. Round is a shape!

Comment

• axa
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2007

found 2 at my local lowes, they didnt yet have the clearance price.
                        They didnt have knobs or miter bar so the manager said he would sell them, as is, for $15 each, else he'd return them to supplier for "full credit"

I bought the PAIR sold at amazon without the miter bar, for $14.77 on sale better than a year ago.
                        I often wonder how brick and motar anything can stay in business these days.

But I have to consider whom im dealing with at the retail store, they will soon find out they can't be returned for any credit, slap a clearance sticker on them and someone else will get a good deal .. whadaya gunna do.

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

Read the post above yours and buy aimlesssouls.

Comment

• axa
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2007

Well reading my post, part of my point was that even at a 50% discount I dont see the value.

The pair are still sold at amazon for at regular price of $22, can qualify for free shipping and no tax, thats $11 each, better than any deal mentioned.

(As long as you are not interested in the miter slot expansion bar that is)

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

Well go buy them if you think its a better deal and post us your bill when all,s said and done please, I,m willing to bet it won,t be the great deal your claiming. As you said "can qualify for free shipping", not qualifies for free shipping, The devil is in the details.

Comment

Working...