Might be local pricing YMMV
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
    --Albert Einstein
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Check the date code on the glue before buying. There will be a code stamped somewhere on the bottle that looks something like this........9K51002.14 The way to decode this is the first number(9) stands for the year(2009) the glue was bottled. The letter(K) stands for the month(Dec) that the glue was bottled. They do not use the letter "I" as it looks too much like a "1". So, for the month, A = Jan, B = Feb, etc.

Comment

• kramer katt
      Established Member
      • Aug 2004
      • SO CAL, USA
      • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

evapo

the bottles I got were coded A905190010
      so I guess filled on Jan 2009?
      I had suspicions of old stock, so I opened one and checked viscosity which was OK
      I plan to use soon anyway
      How long can this be expected to last?
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

What is the shelf life of Titebond Wood Glues?
        Our literature states the shelf life of all of our glues as one year. Titebond Liquid Hide Glue includes an expiration date on the bottle, because it can progressively lose its ability to dry hard, and this change is not visually obvious. Titebond Polyurethane Glue has a one year shelf life in an unopened container, but is useable as long as the glue remains fluid. Polyurethanes, however, are designed to react when exposed to moisture and can sometimes begin to cure after the bottle has been opened, and solidify.

Most of our yellow and white glues, including Titebond Original and Titebond II, remain usable beyond two years. Should Titebond Original become thick and stringy, or Titebond II turns into an orange colored gel, these changes signify that the glue is no longer usable. The minumum shelf life of Titebond III is stated as one year, when stored appropriately at room temperature. Tietbond III is expected to last beyond its stated shelf life. If thickened, shake vigorously by firmly tapping bottle on a hard surface until product is restored to original form.

Comment

Working...