• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geopilot
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Lexington, KY, USA.

Norsaw 805 central KY $100 on Craigslist

Norsaw 805 on CL in central KY- Looks like an interesting saw for $100- anybody know how these work? Might be a deal for someone if you have the room. I think it is a Norwegian brand.
    http://lexington.craigslist.org/tls/1513730434.html
    Not mine btw
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

Certainly a european design. The motor, blade and arbor are typically mounted to a plate which can be rotated from 0 to 90 along with the typical 45 miter. Think of it as an inverted miter saw that can be used to rip stock. From the picture though it looks like you move the wood to the blade on crosscuts. Normally you'd have the equivelent of a SMT.

The design style is very efficient and more flexible than American style table saws, but to us North Americans it can lead to severly dangerous cuts since blade guards and riving knives are almost impossible to use.

Comment

• fgarvin
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2009

I just bought one of these, the 1203. They are a deal. Searching exfactory, they are typically $1K plus used. Apparently they were horribly marketed in the US, but a very popular saw in Europe.

What do you you want to know about it? I still haven't set mine up yet because of space issues, but I did play with it extensively before I made my purchase.

Like the previous posted stated, think of it as an inverted miter saw. You can rotate the turntable and set the angle of the miter from the saw.

You feed your work along the X axis by sliding on the roller infeeed and outfeed extensions.

For crosscutting along the Y, the infeed roller extension slides back and forth along the Y axis.

Comment

• fgarvin
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2009

I might also add that I saw a Norsaw 1203 in KY listed on KY CL for $100 when I purchased mine about 1 1/2 months ago. I paid bit more since I wasn't in KY, but I still got a deal on mine. I was just trying to get an idea of what they run used. I don't think it sold, but I can't find the ad anymore.

Here is the company website:

http://ernex.no/

Comment

Working...