• Show
Clear All
  • BrazosJake
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Benbrook, TX.
    • Emerson-built Craftsman

Nicholson #49 & 50 Cabinet Rasps @JamesTown

JamesTown distributors has the Nicholson #49 & 50 cabinet rasps on sale for $29.99 & $34.99, respectively. These are primo rasps that would normally run at least $100 for the pair.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...=Cabinet+Rasps
  • skamath
    Established Member
    • Sep 2006
    • san diego, ca
    • BT3100, 22124

if you were to get only one which would you go for? #49?
    also UPS ground shipping was pretty high for me $11 something. does anybody know what priority mail would be for this item? their web site doesn't say.

also if they have a free shipping code?

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I bought both of these from Jamestown about five years ago -- half price at that time, as I recall. As Brazos says these are primo tools. Every woodworker should own at least one of them, or an equivalent.

skamath, the #49 is called a medium cut but it is still pretty fine as rasps go. The #50 is finer yet. Depending on the wood it can be difficult to tell which one you have in your hand. If you buy only one, I would suggest the #49 as it will take material off a little more quickly than the #50, and if necessary you can then do a little final smoothing with a regular flat file.
      Larry

Comment

• Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • USA.

While I don't own either of these files, these patterns are only offered by Nicholson as far as I know. If you do a lot of hand forming, these are a good buy.
        No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

Working...