X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Get rich quick

I,m going to contact these guys and see how much it will cost to put, TOMMYGAGE on the side of 1 of these and start selling here in the states.,.....http://chinamanufacturers.supplierli...ter/index0.htm
  • Al R.
    Established Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Florida.
    • Delta 36-600

Originally posted by tommyt654
    I,m going to contact these guys and see how much it will cost to put, TOMMYGAGE on the side of 1 of these and start selling here in the states.,.....http://chinamanufacturers.supplierli...ter/index0.htm
    You could call it HFTOMMY.
    "The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases"....it happens the same with a big shop.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Yea most of the stuff they sell looks just like the tools at HF, I,ll call-em TOMMYTOOLS and put HF out of biz.

Comment

• Al R.
        Established Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Florida.
        • Delta 36-600

To be able to compete with similar prices as HF you will need to be rich before you begin to, or been deep in debt like me . I’m saying it because HF can have such low prices (like Wal-Mart) because they buy in tons; otherwise the Chinese will not give you good prices.

I recently needed for instance just a capacitor for a HF Belt-disc sander I bought 7 yrs ago that got broken, and they responded me back that I had to buy at least 500 of them.
        "The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases"....it happens the same with a big shop.

Comment

• windmill
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by tommyt654
          I've seen Wixey knock-offs called "Dixey Gauge"...pretty smart.

Comment

• natausch
            Established Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Aurora, IL
            • BT3000 - 15A

Will the Tommy brand also smell like grease and unwashed employees, because if so sign me up.

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

You never know how a product may take off. It could be a small niche market. Marketing is a big chunk of the success. I remember when the Biesemeyer fence system came out. Nobody ever heard of that name.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

Heck, the Chinese didn't invent the knock-off... I remember back in my days in the wholesale sprinkler business, an Israeli company approached us, marketing knockoffs of several of the top-line (Rain Bird, Toro, Hunter, etc.) sprinkler heads, complete with identical trademarks, model numbers, etc. Another Israeli company (housed on a kibbutz, no less) offered domestic PVC fitting fakes, complete with realistic-looking logo imprints of "our choice" of major American manufacturers.

What was the most startling to us was not that the fake products were offered, but the bald-faced audacity with which they were marketed. These people simply looked us straight in the eye and said "We have counterfeit goods for sale...". Amazing.

Comment

• tjr
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • at the falls of the Ohio
                  • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

Looks like some real professional hardwrae there!

Comment

• tommyt654
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008

Good to see somrone erse spreaks Taiwanese

Comment

Working...