X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spuds
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007

Irwin Industrial Tools 12-Inch Quick-Grip Bar Clamp

This one is on Amazon but is fulfilled by WELDFABULOUS, don't know anything about them. Anyway they have the Irwin Industrial Tools 512QC546DT 12-Inch Quick-Grip Bar Clamp with Bonus 6-Inch Mini Bar Clamp ... $9.99 Seems like a decent buy but have not priced the Irwins in some time ....
    Search for Woodworking Bargains
    More Woodworking Bargains
  • UK2TX2CA
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005

I've bought welding stuff from Weldfabulous ( aka Minority One Inc aka Johnny Juneau ), good prices and fast shipping

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • SoCal, USA
      • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

$20 with shipping. I do not see the deal here.
      Andrew

Comment

• Spuds
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2007

Well I'll do some more looking .....

Go to Weldfabulous website. There they have the combo for 7.99, or $2 less then what they are selling it for on amazon .... I put 6 in my basket and the shipping was 7.95 total, again at least $2 less than amazon .... So probably not a bad bargain.

Comment

• yuri
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2008
          • Gaithersburg, MD

IF you go directly to Weldfabulous http://www.weldfabulous.com/Hand-Too...-p7541720.html
          they are $7.99. Besides, you will pay combined shipping charges for multiple items, instead of individual shipping per item if ordered through amazon.
          I ordered several clamps from them couple months ago, they were shipped promptly and well packed. I like the clamps for quick things and they are much better quality then similar from Harbor Freight.

Comment

• Spuds
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2007

Thanks yuri, I should have said the same thing ... oh wait I already did

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Just FYI, the blue Irwin clamps are not bad, but are a bit more prone to slipping than the newer yellow ones. They also come with a corrosion inhibitor coating on the bar which should be removed with mineral spirits or acetone before use. Failure to do so will usually result in about 1 clamp in 4 that does not hold well at all.

Comment

• Spuds
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2007

Thanks for the tips UC, I have a few of them on the way so I'll be sure to clean them up when they get here.

I ended up ordering 4 sets, so 4 12" and 4 6" for <$40 inc shipping, comes out to <$5 a clamp so better than a stick in the eye. I usually use them as third hands while I'm assembling things together and have found them to be handy.

Comment

• yuri
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jul 2008
                  • Gaithersburg, MD

Spuds, yes I was typing when you posted, it got funny.
                  BTW, I ordered 4 of them too, we think alike.=

Comment

• Larryl
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Lorena, TX, USA.
                    • Grizzly G0478 Hybrid

Originally posted by Spuds
                    Thanks for the tips UC, I have a few of them on the way so I'll be sure to clean them up when they get here.

I ended up ordering 4 sets, so 4 12" and 4 6" for <$40 inc shipping, comes out to <$5 a clamp so better than a stick in the eye. I usually use them as third hands while I'm assembling things together and have found them to be handy.
                    +1, I ordered 6 sets and thanks for the heads-up and tips on cleaning them.
                    I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Comment

Working...