• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

The addvert s now available over at Blackfriday.info.

Bill.

Comment

• parnelli
      • Aug 2004
      • bt3100

Also a good place to get BF ads is from

Personally I prefer the actual scans rather than a typed list.

Comment

• x00018
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006
        • Cranberry Twp, PA
        • Sears BT3000 Clone

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
        I think you have to be registered at slickdeals for the direct to pdf link to work for you.

That's a heck of a price on the shop vac. I may just have to get up early. It would make a great Christmas present for someone.

Bill
        Do you need my address for delivery on Christmas Eve or do your raindeer know the way?

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

Originally posted by x00018
          Do you need my address for delivery on Christmas Eve or do your raindeer know the way?
          I'm hoping that I get the vac, but you can have the socks that are usually under the tree somewhere

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
            I'm hoping that I get the vac, but you can have the socks that are usually under the tree somewhere
            I'm hoping for new underwear. Well, new to me.

Comment

• SteveR
              Established Member
              • Feb 2003
              • USA.

The 18v Dewalt drill combo on the last page of the ad for $99.....has anyone purchased this before?
              Wondering if this is with the xrp (or whatever they are called) batteries? In bad need of batteries and looked in HD last week and for ONE they want something around $87.

Thanks
              Steve

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Floral Park, NY
                • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by SteveR
                The 18v Dewalt drill combo on the last page of the ad for $99.....has anyone purchased this before?
                Wondering if this is with the xrp (or whatever they are called) batteries? In bad need of batteries and looked in HD last week and for ONE they want something around $87.

Thanks
                Steve
                Not XRP batts. Drill gets good reviews though.

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

The flyer says that they open at 6AM..... do you really have to get there early? It's not like Best Buy where you need to camp out overnight is it?
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Photojosh
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by chopnhack
                    The flyer says that they open at 6AM..... do you really have to get there early? It's not like Best Buy where you need to camp out overnight is it?
                    Depends on what you are trying to get. some of the stuff is limited supply and is going to sell out. Some stuff will be there all weekend.

I typically go to the BORG's at a reasonable hour or even later in the afternoon. But then again, I'm never trying to chase the doorbusters.

Comment

• chopnhack
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • Florida
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Fair enough, I am trying to get the LG washer and dryer combo for my wife. She would be thrilled if we could get them, I don't think its a door buster, but they do disclaim while supplies last. So what do you think I should do? Go earlier than 6 and loiter around or...

Comment

• woodturner
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • Western Pennsylvania
                        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by chopnhack
                        Fair enough, I am trying to get the LG washer and dryer combo for my wife. She would be thrilled if we could get them, I don't think its a door buster, but they do disclaim while supplies last. So what do you think I should do? Go earlier than 6 and loiter around or...
                        Many or most HD store are already selling the appliances at the Black Friday prices. In addition, they told me that appliances are a stocked item and they won't run out, though they may be backordered. FWIW, current delivery dates in this area for the LGs are 12/21 and later, but they are available at those prices now (and have been for a week or so).

P.S. If you stop by the post office and pick up a change of address packet, there is a lowes 10% off coupon that HD will accept. If the special prices are listed as a "discount" in the ad, such as for the Amana suite, they have to run the 10% FIRST, then scan the bar code for the discount, or the system will not apply the discounts correctly.
                        --------------------------------------------------
                        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• chopnhack
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • Florida
                          • Ryobi BT3100

That would be awesome! Thanks for the info woodturner!!

Comment

• Woodshark
                            Established Member
                            • May 2006
                            • Atlanta

I got to my local Home Depot this morning at 6:10am. There was a steady stream of people leaving the store. Every cart had one or two of the wet/dry vacs. When I went inside, every cart there had a vac alss. These things were flying out of the door.

I didn't see them out so I asked a sales guy where to find them. They had them in the rear of store. I waded though a sea of shopping carts (all with vacs) and make it to the display. There were five left. I got two and the others were gone in a flash. The sales guy in the back said they had five pallets of them and they were all gone in 15 minutes.
                            sigpic

Comment

• woodturner
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • Western Pennsylvania
                              • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Woodshark
                              The sales guy in the back said they had five pallets of them and they were all gone in 15 minutes.
                              I would have thought Atlanta would be higher volume :-) At two of my local stores, they were gone within 3 minutes of opening, even though they were enforcing the one per person limit.

The stock people bringing out the pallets would just bring them to the aisle, slit the plastic, and then jump back and cower in fear. Thirty seconds later, they would haul away the empty pallet and bring the next one.

If someone got trampled this year, I think it will probably be at HD. Surprisingly, Walmart was rather reserved and orderly, so hopefully no tramplings.
                              Last edited by woodturner; 11-27-2009, 11:07 AM.
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• catta12
                                Established Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • Reno, NV
                                • BTS20R

Originally posted by woodturner
                                The stock people bringing out the pallets would just bring them to the aisle, slit the plastic, and then jump back and cower in fear. Thirty seconds later, they would haul away the empty pallet and bring the next one.
                                Sounds like feeding time at Jurassic Park. Anyone able to get a raincheck on one?
                                If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

Working...