• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

$29.97 Shop-Vac at True Value

I got the latest flyer from True Value today. On the front page is a listing for a "Special Purchase" 12 Gal, 5HP Shop-Vac for $29.97. A 12 Gal Rigid or 12 gal Shop-Vac at Lowe's goes for $70. Since my old Craftsman just died, and the ad states "While supplies last", I will be heading to the local dealer first thing in the morning.

This is a bare bones unit. Accessories listed are a 6' long 2 1/2" hose, extension wands, and an 8" utility nozzle. Not a problem for me, since I have all the acccessories from my Craftsman vac and some from an old Kirby. Only thing extra I need is a washable filter.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • Photojosh
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Washington (the state)

Oh man...that is tempting. And I don't really need a new shop vac. But still...

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

I have two working shop vacs, and that price is STILL tempting...
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

A good price indeed however I'll bet at that price it's a real screamer. If they'll do it for you I'd see if they can fire one up for you.

Comment

• pecker
          Established Member
          • Jun 2003

Read th Rigid box carefully. The HD's had that as a special for awhile. The hose was some oddball size, like 1-7/8" and it came with almost no accessories.

Comment

• Photojosh
            Established Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by pecker
            Read th Rigid box carefully. The HD's had that as a special for awhile. The hose was some oddball size, like 1-7/8" and it came with almost no accessories.
            Given that this is at True-Value and not HD, I think the post is referring to a Shop-Vac brand and not a Ridgid.

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

There is a 5 off 25 coupon in this months Field and Stream you can use on this deal as well

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                Established Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Austin, TX

I wonder if it's this one:

Probably NOT this one!:http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-925-4.../dp/B00004RHKH

Still, it's on the way to cleaning out our 89 year-old aunt's house(True Value, that is) and I have the $5 coupon...might make a Halloween run and pick up one tomorrow. Thanks, OP

BTW, my coupon is from the Nov. issue of Family Handyman
                Last edited by 10sCoachRick; 10-30-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: 'cause

Comment

• Pappy
                  The Full Monte
                  • Dec 2002
                  • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 (x2)

Rick, it's the one in the first link. The local True Value dealer only had 4 when they opened yesterday morning. I got the last one about an hour after they opened. By the time I paid I heard 3 others ask for one.

It is the Quiet Plus series, definitly not a 'screamer', and comes with a utility nozzle rather than the rectangular wet pick up nozzle that most of the vacs have with them.

Pecker, I bought (and returned) the Ridgid 12 gal. The price tag on it was $69 and it had issues other than the odd hose size. One of the other Rigid vacs uses the larger hoses, too.
                  Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                  Fools because they have to say something.
                  Plato

Comment

• Kerf
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2006

Man!

I really need to spot buying shop-vacs......
                    Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! -Rocky Balboa-

Comment

• sweensdv
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • WI
                      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by Pappy
                      It is the Quiet Plus series, definitly not a 'screamer', and comes with a utility nozzle rather than the rectangular wet pick up nozzle that most of the vacs have with them.
                      Cool, nice find.

Comment

• tohellwithuga
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • GA

I just called, and my 2 closest True Values are independently owned (I assume) and don't do the normal specials that the rest do, so they don't have these.

Oh, well, didn't really need another shop vac anyway. Thanks anyway, OP!

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Austin, TX

Rick, it's the one in the first link. The local True Value dealer only had 4 when they opened yesterday morning. I got the last one about an hour after they opened. By the time I paid I heard 3 others ask for one.

Pecker, I bought (and returned) the Ridgid 12 gal. The price tag on it was $69 and it had issues other than the odd hose size. One of the other Rigid vacs uses the larger hoses, too

Yeah, half an attempt at a joke
                          ...citing the 'zon's propensity for inflating MSRP on 99.9% of their listings. Would be cool to get a hundred dollar vac for thirty

I didn't make it by the northwest Austin store today...it is a really run-down location with sparse inventory, so...A) They might not be in on the deal, and 2) They might not be busy enough to sell out quickly IF they ARE in on the deal. They've got an FFL so they're OK in my book.

Comment

• capnjack2
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jul 2007
                            • East Setauket, NY
                            • BT 3100

what a deal!

I just picked up one of those today and it comes with a foam sleeve and a paper filter. Not bad otherwise, real quiet. Anyway, looking online for a pleated filter and I ran across a HUGE disparity in prices for this vacuum. http://http://www.shopzilla.com/shop...655800/compare

Jack

Comment

• seabat
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Dec 2008
                              • Liberty Lake, WA

I got the latest flyer from True Value today. On the front page is a listing for a "Special Purchase" 12 Gal, 5HP Shop-Vac for $29.97.
                              Any chance of getting a copy of this ad? I have a new store here who will order me one if I can bring in a copy ...

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Working...