• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Fractional Dial Caliper $26, Woodcraft

For those of us who like dial gauges this caliper seems a good price and it's fractional too.

Use the link to Woodcraft at the top so BT3 get the credit. If you can't find it that way then the direct link is here.

Bill,
  • Rich P
    Established Member
    • Apr 2003
    • Foresthill, CA, USA.
    • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

Bill

Can't see a Woodcraft link at the "top", only Rockler. I've got a fractional caliper which I love and the price seems good, so for others it is of interest. If BT3 gets goodies, let's go that way.

Rich
    Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Originally posted by Rich P
      Bill

Can't see a Woodcraft link at the "top", only Rockler.
      Rich
      I think it's a revolving banner advert. If you don't see it or any banner, perhaps you have them blocked. I use AdBlock plus but disable it on BT3 so the site can get some advertising dollars. And whenever I leave the site I click a banner, I think the pay is better for click throughs than just for the display. It costs me nothing and something goes to the site, and today I saw the caliper on sale.

Here is the link that is in the banner: http://www.woodcraft.com/AffiliateWi...&A=33&Task=Get

Bill
      the difference between cheap and frugal is, the cheap guy buys his fractional dial caliperfrom hf and hopes for the best. he frugal guy waits for it to be on sale and woodcraft. however a true Scotsman borrows it from the guy who bought it at woodcraft.
      Last edited by Mr__Bill; 10-25-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• woodturner
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Western Pennsylvania
        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
        the difference between cheap and frugal is, the cheap guy buys his fractional dial caliperfrom hf and hopes for the best. he frugal guy waits for it to be on sale and woodcraft. however a true Scotsman borrows it from the guy who bought it at woodcraft.
        We have actually tested both the HF and the Woodcraft calipers in the metrology lab. HF had slightly better accuracy than the Woodcraft, but both were well within tolerance.

So the frugal guy probably checks the quality, then buys the hf on sale with a discount coupon ;-)
        --------------------------------------------------
        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

Originally posted by woodturner
          We have actually tested both the HF and the Woodcraft calipers in the metrology lab. HF had slightly better accuracy than the Woodcraft, but both were well within tolerance.

So the frugal guy probably checks the quality, then buys the hf on sale with a discount coupon ;-)
          That's good to know!

Bill

Comment

Working...