• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chuck In Oregon
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005
    • Cottage Grove, Oregon, USA.

P-C 4212 Dovetail Jig - $100

The Dewalt+ reps were at Jerry's Home Centers in Eugene and Springfield, Oregon, today. They had a batch of P-C 4212s for $99.99. I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen them. Since these reps had them, you should be able to find them in your area if you look around.

I asked him why the 4215 template (mini-joints) was nearly as expensive as the whole 4212 jig. He said that reps had been complaining about that without effect for many months. He also said that he would try to have a specially-priced batch when he comes back and does the fall show at Jerry's. I offered to pre-order one but he wouldn't take my order.

He also said that the 746X table saw would be going away and they would soon only carry the job-site version. He said that their conglomerate is so big that they can beat that saw with products they already have and besides, they are coming out with some new saws anyway. He will be bringing some new hybrids to the fall show.
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Chuck, did they make any indication of when in the fall they would be at Jerry's?
    I would make the effort to be in Eugene if I knew in advance. Wonder if the De Walt site lists their visits, I'll have to look and see if Lows or HD will be so blessed. A bundle would be nice.... and I could always get it for LOML for her birthday, after all she is always saying " if it's not romantic it better be practical!".

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast, today it's sunny 64º with a nice breeze and one big mother black cloud heading overhead.

Comment

• Chuck In Oregon
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • Cottage Grove, Oregon, USA.

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
      Chuck, did they make any indication of when in the fall they would be at Jerry's?
      I would make the effort to be in Eugene if I knew in advance. Wonder if the De Walt site lists their visits, I'll have to look and see if Lows or HD will be so blessed. A bundle would be nice.... and I could always get it for LOML for her birthday, after all she is always saying " if it's not romantic it better be practical!".

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast, today it's sunny 64º with a nice breeze and one big mother black cloud heading overhead.

Hi Bill

The rep thought October but wasn't sure of the exact date. It probably won't conflict with the Portland show which I think is Oct. 17-19. As I understand it, most of the WWing manufacturer reps who stop by at various times during the year will be there at the same time. Most of those guys bring full trucks of their stuff, including lots of promo items, and I've gotten some good deals in the shows in the past. I'm already looking forward to it.

Jerry's finally has a website at www.jerryshome.com . It's only their weekly and monthly catalogs, not very impressive but you're sure to see the show advertised there in Sep.-Oct. If you don't read the Register-Guard (and who could blame you?) that might be one way to stay current on Jerry's.

I found your donut shop on River Rd. VERY good donuts, best in the area, I think. Thanks for the tip.

I sent you some info in my last post a month or two ago. Did you ever see it? They've still got some of that reclaimed redwood at BRING Recycling.

I also told the rep that I'm shopping for a new table saw (Sorry, fellow BT owners) and that I would be very interested in a show special hybrid. We'll see.

Chuck

Comment

• Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • USA.

Originally posted by Chuck In Oregon

I also told the rep that I'm shopping for a new table saw (Sorry, fellow BT owners) and that I would be very interested in a show special hybrid. We'll see.

Chuck
        It's rather sad that Dewalt is killing off the DW746x, that's a neat saw. Dewalt didn't do much in the line of promoting that saw.

It will be interesting to see their new hybrid. Keep us posted.
        No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

Originally posted by Chuck In Oregon

Hi Bill

The rep thought October but wasn't sure of the exact date. It probably won't conflict with the Portland show which I think is Oct. 17-19.

Jerry's finally has a website at www.jerryshome.com . It's only their weekly and monthly catalogs, not very impressive but you're sure to see the show advertised there in Sep.-Oct.

I found your donut shop on River Rd. VERY good donuts, best in the area, I think. Thanks for the tip.

I sent you some info in my last post a month or two ago. Did you ever see it? They've still got some of that reclaimed redwood at BRING Recycling.
          Chuck
          Hi Chuck,
          Thanks for the info. I'll have to look and see when we are going to be up in Portland, most likely it won't coincide with the show, but a shopping trip to Eugene may be arranged for the right date. It's been a while since we have been to Eugene and haven't made it to Bring Recycling yet. It's really tough being stuck here on the coast with sunny skies and cool ocean breezes. I'm glad you made it to the donut shop we have to patronize the good ones to keep them in business.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast

Comment

Working...