Porter-Cable 390K ROS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Spuds
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007
    • 44

    #1

    Porter-Cable 390K ROS

    For all the PC fans out there, Amazon has the Porter-Cable 390K 5-inch Low Profile Random Orbit Sander for $94.56. Thats the lowest price I've seen on that sander and its a much better sander than the latest version of the PC343 IMO.
    Search for Woodworking Bargains
    More Woodworking Bargains
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • 7091
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

    #2
    That is a great price for this sander. I love mine (once I got used to fact that it's apparently designed for very large hands).

    Comment

    • Spuds
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2007
      • 44

      #3
      Just noticed that the price has dropped a little bit more ... now $85.34, sweet!
      Last edited by Spuds; 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM.
      Search for Woodworking Bargains
      More Woodworking Bargains

      Comment

      • Rance
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2009
        • 29

        #4
        FYI, they are down to $85 now. I ordered one at $94 and it came in yesterday. I had SWMBO call them today(Friday) and we now have a $10 credit. EVEN HAPIER.

        Rance

        Comment

        • Spuds
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2007
          • 44

          #5
          Got mine the other day, very happy with this purchase and the sander. I really like the pad brake so you can put it down without waiting and also that its has a brushless motor for higher efficiency and no brush maintenance, very nice indeed.
          Search for Woodworking Bargains
          More Woodworking Bargains

          Comment

          • gary
            Senior Member
            • May 2004
            • 893
            • Versailles, KY, USA.

            #6
            $81 now - how low will it go?
            Gary

            Comment

            • Spuds
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2007
              • 44

              #7
              I'm guessing that's about the bottom ... its already about $50 lower than it was a couple of months ago when it began its decline in price, my guess is that it will bounce around at this price within a a couple of bucks for a short while and then go back up to whatever new price they decided. Then again amazon is a a strange beast to figure out!

              Noticed the pc343 is now $39.04, while not in the same class as the 390, at that price its stupid cheap.
              Search for Woodworking Bargains
              More Woodworking Bargains

              Comment

              • pelligrini
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 4217
                • Fort Worth, TX
                • Craftsman 21829

                #8
                Might have to jump on this myself. One of my young dogs ate the dust bag assembly on my ROS today. Looking like a good time to upgrade.

                (She's really pushing her luck)
                Erik

                Comment

                • Crash2510
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 830
                  • North Central Ohio

                  #9
                  $77.02 now

                  Might just jump on this one
                  Phil In Ohio
                  The basement woodworker

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • 7091
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Crash2510
                    $77.02 now
                    Sounds like either PC over-produced, or Amazon over-ordered, or both...

                    Comment

                    • pelligrini
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 4217
                      • Fort Worth, TX
                      • Craftsman 21829

                      #11
                      Just pulled the trigger, and a set of assorted Mirka disks.
                      Erik

                      Comment

                      • garymuto
                        Established Member
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 194
                        • Encinitas, CA
                        • Delta Cabinet Saw

                        #12
                        $77 this morning. I had to go for it since I need a replacement for my 10 year old 333 anyway.

                        Comment

                        • Spuds
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 44

                          #13
                          Back up to $129 ... hope everyone that was thinking about this one got in on the deal while it lasted !
                          Last edited by Spuds; 06-21-2009, 08:06 PM.
                          Search for Woodworking Bargains
                          More Woodworking Bargains

                          Comment

                          • pelligrini
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 4217
                            • Fort Worth, TX
                            • Craftsman 21829

                            #14
                            Glad I got in when I did.

                            I was expecting Spuds recent post to say it was < $60. That's usually how things work for me.
                            Erik

                            Comment

                            • skamath
                              Established Member
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 171
                              • san diego, ca
                              • BT3100, 22124

                              #15
                              talking about sanders. i have almost given up the idea of dust collection on my bosch 1295VS sander. (i bought the hose and the adapters, had awful whistling problem, cut the hose length, now slight whistle, but still lots of dust at source.)

                              other than festool 150/3, is there a middle ground on an ideal ROS with dust collection.

                              thanks!

                              Comment

                              Working...