• Show
Clear All
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Good deal on Milwaukee Li cordless tools

This could be considered a follow-on to the HD thread, but I didn't want this to get lost in that thread.

I think I found the "sweet spot" on the cordless tool deal:

The 4 tool LiIon tool kit is on sale for $349 les the $75 promo. It includes drill, flashlight, circular saw, impact driver, tool bag, and recip saw for $274+tax, and you can get the hammer drill (or another tool) by rebate:
    http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/mail-in_rebates.html

You MAY be able to use the 10% movers coupon as well, but I have tried twice with no luck. The register won't accept it, but some people have been able to get the manager to overrride the prices.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night
  • mycatisretarded
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • newton, nc, USA.

This really does look like a deal. Wish I were in the market.
    Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

They just had the Milwaukee hammer drill/driver on sale for $99.00. I don't know if it's still on sale or not. I would have bought one, but I need something light weight because of my wrist. That one is a little heavy for me to use for long periods of time. The drill that's included in the package noted above, is a light weight drill/driver, if it's the one I think it is (a Li-Ion).

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• geminix
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2004
        • Montgomery, Alabama
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Picked this kit up on Saturday, thanks OP! GREAT kit for the money, and I'll be sending off for the free hammer drill as well.

The drill included is indeed their compact drill/driver.

If anyone has any questions about specifics just ask.

Comment

• 43Hobson
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2009

Try Makita instead

Here's my two cents - I'd try the makita instead. they dont weigh as much and they charge faster than the milwaukee and the Dewalt. I don't know much about the rigid or the ryobi.

Comment

• geminix
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2004
            • Montgomery, Alabama
            • Ryobi BT3100-1

Yeah I'm all about lighter weight.. but the 5-year warranty, significantly higher torque on the drills & impact driver, and a couple hundred dollars cheaper was enough to convince me that I could handle an extra half pound here and there

Comment

• Carlntia
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2006
              • Extreme SE Georgia
              • BT3100

I just got back from HD, and the kit was originally $499 marked down to $449 - before the 75 dollar discount. Am I just not getting the deal here, or should the original post say $449 instead of $349?

Comment

• krdomingue
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Carlntia
                I just got back from HD, and the kit was originally $499 marked down to $449 - before the 75 dollar discount. Am I just not getting the deal here, or should the original post say $449 instead of $349?
                It should be marked down to $349. Some stores are slow at changing labels. You should take to the checkout and price check it. I bought one a couple of days ago. The only thing I am not sure about is the rebate. This set already comes with a bonus 1/4" impact driver and is labled 2691-24H, while the rebate form lists 2691-24 (no H). I am not sure if that makes a difference, but I sent in the rebate form anyway. If I get it, great. If not, it is still a good deal.

Comment

• woodturner
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Western Pennsylvania
                  • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

The regular price on the kit is $449, and it was on-sale for $349, then the $75 coupon brings it down to $274.

I guess it's possible the sale has ended. Maybe try another HD in your area? I have noticed around here that a few of the HDs have higher pricing than the rest, and don't always have the sale prices.
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• geminix
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Montgomery, Alabama
                    • Ryobi BT3100-1

When I bought mine last Saturday, they were marked on shelves for $449, but rang up as $349, before the $75 discount.

A buddy of mine went to the other HD in town to get his yesterday, and said they were marked correctly at $349.

The $349 sale price does end today, though. Their new ad comes out tomorrow.

Comment

• Carlntia
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Mar 2006
                      • Extreme SE Georgia
                      • BT3100

Looks like it must be my area - just pulled up the local ad, and it is in their at $449. Oh well - maybe next time.

Comment

• geminix
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Aug 2004
                        • Montgomery, Alabama
                        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Looks like it must be my area - just pulled up the local ad, and it is in their at $449. Oh well - maybe next time.
                        Yeah the funny thing is when I looked up the ad online Saturday (before I headed out to get my kit), it showed $349. But when I looked again on Tuesday, it showed $449. But like I said, it still rang up at $349 as recently as yesterday.

I'm thinking the $349 pricing may have been an error, and it didn't get corrected everywhere maybe?

Comment

• chrisk
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jan 2008
                          • Mankato, MN
                          • Craftsman Professional 21829

I ordered one today at the local HD as they were out of stock.

It rang up at $349 - $75 = $274

According to THIS week's ad (ending 4/29), the price is $449.

It will still be worth checking out tomorrow if you want one, even with the ad saying $449. I'll be there checking for any more good deals.

Comment

• Carlntia
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2006
                            • Extreme SE Georgia
                            • BT3100

Yesterday, I figured I'd take another look, and NOW they are marked down to $349! I had to go to 2 stores before I found the set with the bonus impact driver. One store only had the 4 tools with no bonus. Sweet deal!

Comment

• TheBoiler
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Oct 2005
                              • Colorado
                              • BT 3100

I went looking, Boulder had just sold out, they were selling at $349. 2 others did not have any and the one that did had repriced at $449. They said Boulder had made a mistake... I was offered an extra 10% but passed.

Will have another look on Tuesday.

The only $349 was the new drill, with the driver but nothing else.

Comment

Working...