X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spuds
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007

Incra 1000SE Miter Gauge

Not really useful on the old bt3k but still a heck of a deal for those of you with a miter slot ..... Incra 1000SE Miter Gauge Special Edition With Telescoping Fence and Dual Flip Shop Stop for $95.37 and free shipping .....
    Search for Woodworking Bargains
    More Woodworking Bargains
  • glenns5900
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2007
    • Longmont CO
    • Mao Shan TSC10L

Click....
    Pulled the trigger on this one. After dealing with the miter gauge that I got with my used saw (that had been dropped several times [not by me] and both the 45 and 90 degree stops broken), I figured I couldn't go wrong. I have been to the Woodworking Shows and various woodworking outlets and for the price of a "standard" miter gauge being around $45, this is definately worth it if the reviews on Amazon are true. Spring is coming and the garage will be getting cleaned out and much warmer to work in. Time to start thinking about tuning up the old TS. I chose the free super saver shipping. I'm not the kind of guy that HAS TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW... So what if it takes 10 days to get here. I probably won't get the garage cleaned out till end of the month anyway.

All I need now is the $$$ for a reasonable thickness planer and then the $$$ to buy some wood.
    ------------
    Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by glenns5900
      Click....
      Pulled the trigger on this one. After dealing with the miter gauge that I got with my used saw (that had been dropped several times [not by me] and both the 45 and 90 degree stops broken), I figured I couldn't go wrong. I have been to the Woodworking Shows and various woodworking outlets and for the price of a "standard" miter gauge being around $45, this is definately worth it if the reviews on Amazon are true. Spring is coming and the garage will be getting cleaned out and much warmer to work in. Time to start thinking about tuning up the old TS. I chose the free super saver shipping. I'm not the kind of guy that HAS TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW... So what if it takes 10 days to get here. I probably won't get the garage cleaned out till end of the month anyway.

All I need now is the $$$ for a reasonable thickness planer and then the $$$ to buy some wood.
      That is $95 well spent on what I consider to be one of the most solid investments you could make in WW'ing. No gimmicks.. no marketing smoke-screens.. just a very accurate miter guage in both the fact it will eliminate any slop in the bar-table groove and last but not least... dead on angles when used right out of the box in most cases. I have only heard of one that has had to be adjusted but the gauge allows micro adjustment.

I have no clue what the Amazon reviews say but.. this thing is a real piece of WW equipment. Enough so that I have two Incra V 27's. I don't opt to buy the factory fence as I build my own so I just got two gauges and put a short fence on one and a long fence on another. Some of the wisest money I have spent in going on 38 years.

Enjoy... and you un-doubtedly will IMO...

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

I love my 1000SE. Having it prompted me to put my SMT into mothballs.

Comment

• Luckbox
          Established Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Holly Springs, NC

I have one of these and I must say it is one of the best saw add ons I have bought. Once it is set it has been dead on and the slide out extention makes this a great investment. The only I don't use is the measuring tape on the top. I prefer to use my tape measure since that is what I measure all my parts with. Just figure using the same tool to do all the measuring is a better way to go.
          I love lamp.

Comment

• glenns5900
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2007
            • Longmont CO
            • Mao Shan TSC10L

Woodpeckers has the .pdf manuals available here if you want to see them. It will be good reading while I wait for mine to show up.
            ------------
            Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.

Comment

• Chris_B
              Established Member
              • Apr 2006
              • Cupertino, CA

Thanks for the link to the manuals!

Comment

• tribalwind
                • Feb 2004
                • long island, ny.

i clicked as well, ive been using the smt with a protractor on my combo square,,not exactly a recipe for accuracy/repeatability!!

agh, now i've got to build that new mobile base and miterslot tops...
                namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• Bushmaster
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Bellevue, Nebraska
                  • Older Craftsman

Up to $111

Should've acted...its already up again!

Comment

• radhak
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • Miramar, FL
                    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

For future reference, is the telescoping fence worth buying? I already have the V27 (ie, just the miter-gauge) and was pondering if I could justify spending money on the fence.
                    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                    - Aristotle

Comment

• glenns5900
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Longmont CO
                      • Mao Shan TSC10L

Well, It finally showed up on Friday. I had a chance to set it up Saturday night. It seems to be pretty sturdy and well made. (made in the USA). I found that the wrench with the handle that they sent is the same size as the one needed to adjust the Beisemeyer fence. I had it setup in about 1/2 an hour using a plastic drafting triangle. The only thing that needed to be tweaked was the fence bracket where it attaches to the protractor. It was tipped back ever so slightly so the fence was not perpendicular to the table (front to back). There was a tip in the instructions to loosen the three screws that attach the fence bracket to the protractor. Then insert a piece of paper between the bracket and the protractor just behind the screws. This tipped the fence forward just enough when the screws were tightened to make it square. I'm looking forward to giving it a try as I didn't want to wake everyone up in the house at 11:00pm cutting wood Saturday night.

Thanks again for the bargain tip... I just checked Amazon and it is back up to $111.54. Still a good deal from the suggested $174.14 price. They still have free supersaver shipping for this.
                      ------------

Comment

• Rance
                        Forum Newbie
                        • May 2009

These are back down to $99, BUT ONLY 2 LEFT!!! No free shipping though.
                        Last edited by Rance; 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• axa
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by radhak
                          For future reference, is the telescoping fence worth buying? I already have the V27 (ie, just the miter-gauge) and was pondering if I could justify spending money on the fence.
                          Id too like to know if the telescoping fence is worthy.
                          Unless for some reason you needed to tuck this thing away to save on room...
                          wouldn't it be more feasible to just construct your ideal extended fence?

Comment

• Rance
                            Forum Newbie
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by axa
                            Id too like to know if the telescoping fence is worthy.
                            Unless for some reason you needed to tuck this thing away to save on room...
                            wouldn't it be more feasible to just construct your ideal extended fence?
                            The fence for a std. fence's sake... I see no difference. I think the difference comes when you buy into the 'incra philosophy'. You can set the stop block to a setting, and at any time go back to that EXACT setting. If you don't need the function of going back to a previous stop block setting, then get the V27 and add a sacrificial wooden backer board.

Comment

Working...