• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

WWJ free as a digital magazine

WoodWorkers Journal's digital version is available free from Go Read Green This is the ZINIO Reader version and can be read online or DL for offline reading. Many other magazines are also available. Take a look around and see what interests you. GRG only allows one free subscription per e-mail address. If you have more than one address all subscriptions will show up in your ZINIO Reader library. I am not a big fan of the Zinio reader but you can't complain about the price.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast where it's raining
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Thanks. It is hard to get these from this side of the ocean without a 6 week to 2 month lag and occasionally missing one.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• kirkroy
      Established Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Brunswick, MD

Not quite free, or at least I don't see how it's free. You get a limited number of zooms, just 3 (which are needed to actually read anything). Seems like it's $5.99 to get full access to an issue (or $9.95 for a 6 issue subscription).

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Originally posted by kirkroy
        Not quite free, or at least I don't see how it's free. You get a limited number of zooms, just 3 (which are needed to actually read anything). Seems like it's $5.99 to get full access to an issue (or $9.95 for a 6 issue subscription).
        Kirkroy, I must be really out of it this morning as I don't follow you at all. I downloaded the issue and have read most of it last night. I was able to zoom as often as I wanted and printed off a page too. In an effort to improve my Spanish I DL the Spanish language magazine too and did a lot of zooming on that one. Worked just fine.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast we had a light rain yesterday, only 2"

Comment

• tribalwind
          • Feb 2004
          • long island, ny.

nifty thanks' . i agree the viewer 'feels' different,not too bad though.
          seems it's a special offer so guess it's just the 1 issue.
          i constantly get mail to renew my subscription with them. had
          too many mags coming so let some go,WWJ seemed to have a lot of repeat articles,more so than others,so it was first to go

perhaps if kirkroy viewed online the zooms are limited?
          i just downloaded it straight off.
          namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• kirkroy
            Established Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Brunswick, MD

I went back and registered over again and it went completely different this time. Much better, thanks!

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

I also downloaded it after looking at a few pages while online. I went to read it later and had the problem of it being so low of a resolution that it is unreadable. I went back to download again and was told that I was limited to one download.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                Veteran Member
                • May 2007
                • Tacoma, WA
                • BT3000

Originally posted by leehljp
                I also downloaded it after looking at a few pages while online. I went to read it later and had the problem of it being so low of a resolution that it is unreadable. I went back to download again and was told that I was limited to one download.
                Hank, you can always delete the one you have and using a different e-mail address start over with the download.

About a year ago some magazine started with issues on Zinio that failed to DL all the pages and you got many lowrez pages. This version doesn't seem to do that to me, perhaps it has something to do with viewing on line first. While that doesn't seem reasonable I long ago learned not to connect reasonable and the internet.

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks Bill!
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• gimpy
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2004
                    • Flagstaff, AZ.
                    • BT3100

Thx, all. I just saw this thread and have now done my download for the mag (WWJ) (I've only glanced at it just a minute so far). I really like having the mag in hand, though, rather than reading it online (I spend too much time online as it is--according to my better half anyway). I will try it this way, at least for awhile. Has anyone actually tried printing either different articles or pages or even the whole magazine out? Can it be done?
                    Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

Working...