• Show
Clear All
  • tbarn
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • PA, USA.
    • BT3100

Pre-drilled melamine shelf sides at HD $.01

I was at my local HD and the 12" PD sides did not have a price label on the rack.
    When I took them to checkout the clerk said that they were a non-stock item and they rung up at $.01 a piece. went back and got 10 more for that price!
    May just be a local thing but if you need to build shelves it might be worth checking out.
    All the other types were at normal price. ($14 and up)
  • toolman0701
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2006

My local HD does not sell penny merchandise, they told me that they donate it to Habitat. Basically when it goes to a penny it is wiped off their inventory and they are supposed to pull it off the shelf for donation....good catch on your part though....

Comment

• brubakes
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2009
      • Medina, OH
      • Sears 315.228110

I was in line behind a guy trying to buy two pipes for 0.01. They sold it to him for the price, but they made sure to notice the mistake and that it wasn' their policy to do that.

Comment

• kirkroy
        Established Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Brunswick, MD

Sounds like you're ready to make a lifetime supply of ZCIs...

Comment

• KC7CN
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2007
          • Deltona, Florida
          • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by tbarn
          I was at my local HD and the 12" PD sides did not have a price label on the rack.
          When I took them to checkout the clerk said that they were a non-stock item and they rung up at $.01 a piece. went back and got 10 more for that price!
          May just be a local thing but if you need to build shelves it might be worth checking out.
          All the other types were at normal price. ($14 and up)
          I have had that happen a few times! Got $24 worth of gate hinges for .02 cents, a pair of pliers from a clearance table for .01 cents, can't remember what the third item was, but same deal. As others have said, something no longer being stocked. Cashier said if it rings up for .01, that's what it sells for! Okay by me

-Don

Comment

• woodinville guy
            Established Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Cedar Park, TX

Originally posted by KC7CN
            I have had that happen a few times! Got $24 worth of gate hinges for .02 cents, a pair of pliers from a clearance table for .01 cents, can't remember what the third item was, but same deal. As others have said, something no longer being stocked. Cashier said if it rings up for .01, that's what it sells for! Okay by me

-Don
            I never see these deals.... Where do you look?
            - Dave

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Austin, TX

Originally posted by woodinville guy
              I never see these deals.... Where do you look?
              I have to say it's a lot tougher for us here in Austin--compared to Atlanta where there were over 60 BORGs and 40 Lowe's. Best .01 deal I've gotten is some velcro straps that were originally $5...Oh, well, beats a poke in the eye!

Comment

• tohellwithuga
                Established Member
                • Jan 2007
                • GA

Ok, since we're on the subject here...

My best is a couple of bathroom faucets that were originally over $200 each, were marked down to $40-ish, which is what I was going to pay for them. They rang up for $0.01, and after 15 minutes with the manager, he decided to honor the $0.01 price.

Comment

• Kristofor
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2004
                  • Twin Cities, MN
                  • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

I've never had a $0.01 purchase at the Borg, but I do have ~20x 20Amp Twist-Lock outlets that were $0.14 each, and a whole bunch of 1" and 3/4" EMT elbows, tees, connectors, and such that were under $0.30.

I have zero devices with Twist-Lock cords, and no wiring running in EMT. HD had a lot of electrical stuff clearanced tagged when I was buying switches and normal outlets for the basement so I figured that even if I never use most of the parts with that much of a discount if I can find a purpose for any one item that would have covered the cost for the rest.

Comment

• Woodshark
                    Established Member
                    • May 2006
                    • Atlanta

I'm in Atlanta, go to the local Borgs at least once a week and I have never seen a .01 sale!
                    sigpic

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Austin, TX

Originally posted by Woodshark
                      I'm in Atlanta, go to the local Borgs at least once a week and I have never seen a .01 sale!
                      I sorry...Perimeter was the location for the velcro I mentioned. The Paces Ferry store used to have good clearance since they tried to keep that store 'spit and polish'(quite a few years ago, actually). The Sandy Springs Lowe's was a stopping off point for me on Friday night...they were usually setting up the Saturday clearance area. Boy, do I miss Roasters!!!

Comment

Working...