• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman61
    • Oct 2007
    • West TN
    • Bosch 4100-09

Delta Bandsaw 28-276 for $150 at Lowes

As you all know the price of the Delta Bandsaw 28-276 was dropped to $289& raised back to $369 Clearance price. As I go to different towns I have checking the prices & checking out to see what the managers would drop them to just by asking. Well the other night I went in Lowes in Union City, TN & talked with a sales associate. He called the manager on duty over. Before the manager got there the associate told me the manager on duty wouldn't drop it much. Sure enough, only 10% less. The associate told me I should come back when another manager was there.

Today, I went back in to try my luck. The same associate was in there & when he saw me, he told me the right manager was there. I stopped the manager when he walked through & asked him what he could sell me the last one they had for. He looked at the sales tag of $369, looked at me & said "I'll sell it to you for $150" "Cough, sputter, THUD!!! Before I could even get my game face on to try & chew him down some more a very anxious voice came from my mouth telling him "I'll take it"

Here is a copy of the receipt in case it will help any of you out. also if one manager doesn't give you a good deal, wait & ask another one on a different day. Good Luck!
    Attached Files
  • catta12
    Established Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Reno, NV
    • BTS20R

Nice score!
    I will have to try again and see if they are ready to part with a bandsaw in my area yet.
    If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• prisbylla
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2008

No luck in Pittsburgh. Good score, though.

Comment

• KC7CN
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2007
        • Deltona, Florida
        • PowerMatic 64A

No question about it - You scored!

-Don

Comment

• iceman61
          • Oct 2007
          • West TN
          • Bosch 4100-09

It kinda sucks knowing that either the rise block or the fence assembly for this saw cost as much as what I paid for the bandsaw though.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Way to go Iceman, I knew it wouldn,t be long before someone snatched up a deal besides me. If your receipt was a little clearer I,d go back to the store where I bought mine and get an adjustment as I paid $189. Anyways Harbor Freight has a decent fence for this model I bought for $49 plus tax. It,s not to bad for that price although not as thick or as strong as I would have liked it. A friend of mine has an old Delta saw he,s giving me w/fence That I,m going to cut down to size to see if I can make work as well. Great deal though persistence is the key to great deals. My motto is only a fool pays retail

Comment

• iceman61
              • Oct 2007
              • West TN
              • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by tommyt654
              ... If your receipt was a little clearer I,d go back to the store where I bought mine and get an adjustment as I paid $189.
              Did you try & print it out? I went back & clicked on the attachment, left clicked on the picture, picked print & it printed clear for me although rather large (300 dpi scan). I was trying to keep the file size small for the forum. I have a very high resolution scanner & can always scan it at a higher resolution for anybody that needs it that way if it will help anybody out.

Feel free to PM me & I can email it to you at a higher resolution if need be. I'm always willing to help you guys out.

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Thanks Iceman got it.The Iceman cometh and he taketh away. Now keep an eye out for those tenoning jigs to drop even more. Cya, Tommyt654

Comment

• phrog
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

They never dropped the price below $369 here. Now they've actually raised it to $399
                  Richard
                  Richard

Comment

• sbs
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2005
                    • VA
                    • BT3.1k

Originally posted by prisbylla
                    No luck in Pittsburgh. Good score, though.
                    Have you found stores around here that have this saw?

When we first heard about this clearance, I checked my four nearest stores and none had it.

Comment

• iceman61
                      • Oct 2007
                      • West TN
                      • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by phrog
                      They never dropped the price below $369 here. Now they've actually raised it to $399
                      Richard
                      The one I bought for $150 actually had a clearance price tag hanging from it for $369. I just watched until they only had one left & the talked the manager & ask him to give me a price "to get it off his hands." Actually this was the second manager in the store that I asked & on a different day.

Pick a store where there is only one left & it is still on clearance. That's the key. I've only tried this on clearance items. You have to roll your own deal. Good luck!

Comment

• killin5
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Feb 2006
                        • Lake City, FL.

I tried this yesterday and had no luck. Our Lowes says they have 4 in stock. They called the TN store and that store told them their price was $399 so they would not match it.

The odd thing is that our Lowes hasn't had one on display for quite a while and the ones on the shelf have been sitting there for just as long (I am thinking around a year). They moved the bigger Delta tools except for the dust collectors off the floor around the time they had the 20 or 25% off all power tools sale. The bigger ones never made it back to the floor. They also have a floor model drill press up there, but none on display. I’m not sure what their plan is for selling them.

Comment

Working...