• Show
Clear All
  • Eagan
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • bloomington, IN
    • rigid r4512

Performax Tool Closeout at Menards

Menards has a closeout going on a number of Performax tools - at least the jointer and lathe. I've searched the internet as best I could and not found any reviews about either of these tools, good and bad. I did get some interesting links on Peformax, however, including one to the Kinsey Institute.

Benchtop jointer choice... Performax at 141 or Sunhill at 99 (plus ship and handling). Wife won't let me spring for a "real" jointer
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

The Performax lathe is identical to the Wilton they sold a couple of years ago. I assume the other items are the same as before, just a different nameplate.

I can't speak to the jointer, but, if you're interested, the lathe is a solid value. It is limited to small items like pens, bottle stoppers, & small bowls. It does have a #1 MT, so, if you bought a bigger lathe later, any #1 MT accessories wouldn't work on the bigger lathe.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has a review or experience with the Performax Jointer or Planer.

Comment

• Eagan
      Established Member
      • Feb 2006
      • bloomington, IN
      • rigid r4512

Thanks, jking. Checking around a little, I find several sites have the Wilton jointer on sale for $99.

I'd also like to hear from anyone on the Jointer or planer

Comment

• woodturner
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Western Pennsylvania
        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Eagan
        Performax at 141 or Sunhill at 99 (plus ship and handling). Wife won't let me spring for a "real" jointer
        She won't even let you get the $100 Delta 6" jointer? So it's not cost, but principle?

Maybe you could try to get her interested in woodworking :-)
        --------------------------------------------------
        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Eagan
          Established Member
          • Feb 2006
          • bloomington, IN
          • rigid r4512

Haven't seen a $100 Delta jointer... Can you point me in the right direction?

Comment

• woodturner
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Western Pennsylvania
            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Eagan
            Haven't seen a $100 Delta jointer... Can you point me in the right direction?
            It was posted on here a few months ago. Rockler had them for $199 a couple of weeks ago. They are currently around $300 shipped on Amazon.
            --------------------------------------------------
            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

Working...