• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Rockler Sale Starting Saturday

I was at Rockler today and they had a flyer advertising a sale starting Saturday. It didn't occur to me to bring one home but a few things I remembered were clamps starting at 2.99, a scroll saw for 69.00 (or thereabouts) and a 12" planer w/stand for 99.00. There was other stuff, that was just what I remembered from the flyer.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • p8ntblr
    • Jan 2007
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

Here ya go....

-Paul

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

I presume these prices are only good at brick & mortar stores, and not online, right? This is one of the things I dislike (intensely) about Rockler.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
        I presume these prices are only good at brick & mortar stores, and not online, right? This is one of the things I dislike (intensely) about Rockler.
        "Promotion applies to in-store purchases only and may not be available via catalog or internet."

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

Originally posted by Hellrazor
          "Promotion applies to in-store purchases only and may not be available via catalog or internet."
          That sucks! Like if you don't have a Rockler store nearby, you don't count.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• herb fellows
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • New York City
            • bt3100

Maybe we should be telling that to Rockler instead of each other. I live in NYC, and the Rockler nearest to me is Pittsburgh. PITTSBURGH!! At least once a week I get an email from them telling me about something else I want/need that I can't get, at least not at the sale price.
            Between the tax and shipping from online purchases I usually have to save over 15% of the price I could get it at locally to make the internet purchase worthwhile, but I'd still like to have the option.
            It certainly would make more sales for Rockler, I really don't understand the business model that operates this way.
            You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• JeffG78
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
              • BT3100

This is very frustrating to me too. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Rockler and the way they do their sales, I can never get everything I need in one trip. They have one sale that ends today which has lots of things I need and the next sale starts tomorrow which also has things I need. I hate wasting time and gas driving to the store twice in two days!

I understand that they want to create store traffic, but it's really pretty silly the way they do it. In the next few days, I will be going to the B&M Rockler store twice and placing an internet order as well for things that are web sales only. I was just there last week to buy stuff and that's when they gave me the sale flyer for Saturday's sale, so I walked out without most of the things I was going to buy since they were all going on sale this week. Even worse, they have a $10 off $30 coupon in the sale flyer, but that coupon isn't good until Jan 17th. It's not like there is a Rockler on every corner, so I'd guess that a lot of their customers are just as unhappy with their sale tactics.

Comment

• JeffG78
                Established Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                • BT3100

Originally posted by herb fellows
                Maybe we should be telling that to Rockler instead of each other. I live in NYC, and the Rockler nearest to me is Pittsburgh. PITTSBURGH!! At least once a week I get an email from them telling me about something else I want/need that I can't get, at least not at the sale price.
                Between the tax and shipping from online purchases I usually have to save over 15% of the price I could get it at locally to make the internet purchase worthwhile, but I'd still like to have the option.
                It certainly would make more sales for Rockler, I really don't understand the business model that operates this way.
                FYI Herb, I think they still have free shipping right now online. I try to take advantage of that offer when it comes up.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

Originally posted by herb fellows
                  Maybe we should be telling that to Rockler instead of each other.
                  I have told them... every way I know how. They have not replied even once. I even canceled an order once, because they would not honor the price in their own ad. It's not my fault they don't have a store within 400 miles of me.

Comment

• poolhound
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • Phoenix, AZ
                    • BT3100

They do often have the reverse. I get emails all the time for specials that are online ONLY. The 24" jet clamps that are about to go on sale at the stores on saturday where offered first as an online only deal about a month ago. I missed them then and am glad to get another chance.
                    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                    techzibits.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by poolhound
                      They do often have the reverse. I get emails all the time for specials that are online ONLY.
                      I can see that happening, to a point. Sometimes a company has items they can't stock in every store, but can justify housing centrally. However, many will honor internet pricing on items they have in the stores also. Rockler ain't one of those, so they instead get to make absolutely certain that all their customers get to be pissed off at them at one time or another...

Comment

• shoottx
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2008
                        • Plano, Texas
                        • BT3000

I have told them... every way I know how. They have not replied even once. I even canceled an order once, because they would not honor the price in their own ad. It's not my fault they don't have a store within 400 miles of me.
                        I think Rockler HQ has people tracking the internet bloggers. When building new stores they are carefull not to build one in New York or near Uncle Cracker, he writes and emails all the time!
                        Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• agent511
                          Established Member
                          • Jun 2005
                          • Philadelphia
                          • TS3650

They have a coupon in Popular Woodworking (and probably other wood mags i don't subscribe to) for $10 off a $30 purchase. They have free shipping currently, but you can't use both offers. Since shipping is about 8.95 on a $30 order, one offer basically eliminates the other.
                          darksider

Comment

• poolhound
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • Phoenix, AZ
                            • BT3100

I can see that happening, to a point. Sometimes a company has items they can't stock in every store, but can justify housing centrally. However, many will honor internet pricing on items they have in the stores also. Rockler ain't one of those, so they instead get to make absolutely certain that all their customers get to be pissed off at them at one time or another...
                            I think the issue is that Rockler is a franchise so its the local guy that has to bite the discount if they do that. As It happens they do have the ability to do local price matching and I know they guys in my local ROckler as I am usually in there once a week or more if I have a major project on. They usually price match from the internet for me and did so last week in fact with the fractional forstner bit set.

I popped in tonight as they were getting ready for tomorrows sale. loads of stock and some good offers. I am going to get some of the Jet 24" clamps for $5 each and probably some of the 50% fixing etc for stock.

If I didnt have a planer that wilton looks like a good deal. Dont know much about it but for $99.99 thats way cheap.
                            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                            techzibits.com

Comment

• jussi
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007

Ok but what are you guys going to get tomorrow?
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...