• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bringitbig
    Handtools only
    • Jun 2006

Bessey 12" K-Body Clamps

I want to say thanks for the people that posted the link for the K-Body's
    at Woodcraft, I bought the heck out of them, don't tell the wife please.

I am having a hard time finding the K-Body's in the 12" version. Anyone have a site that's a decent deal on them?

Thanks all!!!

Robert
  • wardprobst
    • Jan 2006
    • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
    • Craftsman 22811

It's hard to get a deal on the 12s in my experience. Amazon had them for a good price a couple of times but that's been a while back.
    DP
    www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• WoodDawg
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2007
      • South of the North

I've watched for a good deal on 12" clamps for close to two years. Haven't seen a good sale in that time. Ended up buying some 24" Besseys in the Woodcraft sale and cutting down my old Besseys to suit my needs.
      This space for rent

Comment

• Bringitbig
        Handtools only
        • Jun 2006

The two above posts are so right. I think it's been a couple years since I was
        able to get some from Amazon. I guess in this situation, size doesn't matter when it comes to price. I've bought the heck out of the Besseys on Woodcrafts sight, but I still need more 12"s. I'll be sure to update the forum should I hit paydirt and come across them at a reasonable price.

Funny thing is, since Bessey is going to a new design, one would think they would have new old stock of the 12"s. Then again, maybe that size is the one purchased more often which would leave less old stock. Who knows....

Thanks all for your help.

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Have you tried the Woodriver clamps from Woodcraft? As far as I know, the only difference between them and Bessy's K-bodies is the handle. (color too). They do go on sale occaisionally.
          Erik

Comment

• RayintheUK
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Do you have a specific need for 12" clamps, Robert? I'd buy the larger and more versatile 24" which are slightly more expensive but will clamp a much wider range of projects, as well as small ones.

Ray.
            Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• jhgrady
              Established Member
              • Jul 2003
              • Alexandria, Va, USA.

Robert, you might find the Bessy DuoKlamps fit your requirements - they can't apply the 1,000 lbs of pressure but can apply 2 - 300 lbs. They are much easier to use than the K-Body.

Hope this helps,

John

Comment

Working...