• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sailor
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2003
    • Bel Air, Maryland, USA.

Freud Avanti router at home Depot $99.00

All the way at the back of the tool department in the Bel Air, MD store is a stack of 4 Freud Avanti routers with plunge base. The display unit was in a black plastic storage case.

Large sign - $99.
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Must be trying to compete with Lowes who's web site had the same deal all week. Mine just came in this afternoon.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• kirkroy
      Established Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Brunswick, MD

Yep, I saw at the front of the store in Ranson, WV. I had to resist, in spite of having an idle frued router table top...

Comment

• geeoh
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2006
        • Mid Maryland
        • Delta Contractor

Frederick Md Rt 40 store had 2 x boxed Freud on the shelf at 99.00.

FYI:
        The same store also has 1 x boxed Makita Recipro Saw AVT with metal case was 169.00 now 99.00 (133.00 at amazon)
        Paslode 16 gauge angled finish nailer 111.00; stock is way up high could not see if there was overhead stock on this one (179.00 at amazon).
        They also have some great deals on ladders e.g. 24 alum. type 1 extension at 127.00.
        I bought a 5 drawers (full extension) with lower storage area (metal panel lifts up) tool storage on wheels ("12'' deep") for 49.00 but it was the last one at this store - ymmv.

Comment

• Micham59
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2006
          • N.E. Ohio
          • bt3100

I was in Niles Ohio lowes store and they had one freud 1700 router left. It was a display model with a plunge base and stationary base with all wrenches and dust chute with plastic case for 33.88. What a deal.
          Last edited by Micham59; 12-21-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• kirkroy
            Established Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Brunswick, MD

One of the divisions at work gave me a gift card today so I went to the frederick, md rt355 store and picked up one of these. They've got 6 or more on the shelf in the tool section, not marked as a special or anything. Now I've got a dedicated table router, dedicated fixed base router and a dedicated plunge router. How long before router lust rears its ugly head again? At least I've got the major bases covered now.

Comment

• JeffG78
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
              • BT3100

I never see anything good at my HD. I just went there with gift cards in hand, but they had nothing tempting. I'm looking for a VS 1-3/4hp+ router. They only had a 1-3/4hp Porter Cable for $189 and their Ridgid unit for $199.

Comment

Working...