• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolmeadow Creations
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2006
    • Fort Worth area

Bessey old style K-bodies at Woodcraft.com

I got a 4 pack of 40"ers this week at 109.99, less 10.00 off 100.00 purchase (code 1351) and free shipping. Pretty good deal. Well, they dropped the price some more today. 99.96! Get a small piece of maple in the clearance section for .99, still get the 10.00 off 100.00 purchase and still get the free shipping. 4 clamps for under 91.00!
    4 24" are now 79.96, and there is a 5.00 off 50.00 purchase (code 1350) for that. Also singles of both sizes for comparable price to the 4 packs. There are also 4 pack kits with a pint of glue and an extender for 99.99 and 124.99 for the 24 and 40" clamps. Go to their site and search on Bessey, then click on the K-body clearance to get there. Use the codes for the money off during the purchase segment. Free shipping is automatic. Jim.
  • BasementJunkie
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2007

Great deal -- just bought some more. I'm trying to get a decent collection of clamps, and these are nice.

Comment

• Bill Anderson
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2007

These prices are really good. Actually these are about the same price that people were paying for the Stanley's at Big Lots not too long ago. Once these are gone, I don't think we will see these prices again for a long time. I ordered a couple of sets at the original sale price, at Woodcraft, with the blocks (which I really didn't need the set up blocks). The price without the accessories, is the best way to go, IMO. Bill

Comment

• Thalermade
        • Dec 2002
        • Ohio
        • BT 3000

Remember, Bessey released their new clamp, the Revo (their version of the Jet Clamp) this past summer. So I am guessing old K-bodies will be available at good prices until they are gone.

Happy shopping,
        Russ

Comment

• BasementJunkie
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2007

Just a footnote to the story here -- I received mine (4 40" and 2 24") and all six had the plastic end pieces (a little flip-down leg to keep the clamp facing up when in use) broken. The box was full of little plastic shards. I called and they promised to send 6 new plastic clips, noting that they were having a lot of problems with them breaking.

Seemed like an odd problem, but they were quick to remedy.

Comment

• nothing
            Forum Newbie
            • Sep 2007
            • Central MS
            • Delta 36-979 with 30" Biese

I ordered 8 40" and 4 of the 8 were broken. At first I thought I did it unpacking, but now I'm thinking it was done while shipping. I broke down again and ordered 8 24" today. I'll wait and see how they arrive. I have enough of the broken clips remaining to hold the head on the bar, so I really didn't worry to much. It seems like it would make sense for them to remove the clips and pack them in a seperate container prior to shipping.

Comment

• GPA61
              • Sep 2004
              • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
              • BT 3100 & JET JWTS

Originally posted by nothing
              I ordered 8 40" and 4 of the 8 were broken. At first I thought I did it unpacking, but now I'm thinking it was done while shipping. I broke down again and ordered 8 24" today. I'll wait and see how they arrive. I have enough of the broken clips remaining to hold the head on the bar, so I really didn't worry to much. It seems like it would make sense for them to remove the clips and pack them in a seperate container prior to shipping.
              Some of mine were broken too. I called woodcraft and I recieved replacement clips 3 days later, no charge.
              Claudio

Comment

• partialresponse
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2003
                • Morgan Hill, CA, USA.
                • Ryobi BT 3000

Received mine (2 of the 40" ones) promptly. They were very well packed - no broken pieces.

- Kofi

Comment

• jussi
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007

I've seen ALOT of complaints about broken feet at woodnet. Hopefully they're good about replacing them.

On a side note if you want an extra one or two clamps it's only $24.99 so you're not losing any discount by not getting the set.
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Woodshark
                    Established Member
                    • May 2006
                    • Atlanta

I ordered the 4 pack of 24's with the extender and bottle of Titebond III.
                    I also ordered a pack of $5.00 sandpaper to get me over $100.

With the discount and free shipping it all came to $95.

Everything arrived in good condition. Packaged well with nothing broken.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Sep 2006
                      • Fort Worth area

Originally posted by jussi
                      I've seen ALOT of complaints about broken feet at woodnet. Hopefully they're good about replacing them.
                      They were very good. I got my last 2 orders (4-24" and 2 extenders on one, 4-40" and 2 extenders on the other) on a Wed. When I got home and opened them, 2 of the 24s and 2 of the 40s had broken feet. I emailed them about 7:30 that evening, got a live reply about an hour later with an appology and stated that the replacements would be in the mail the following day. Got the replacements in Saturday's mail! I was/am impressed. Jim.

Comment

Working...