• Show
Clear All
  • Lee4847
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Canton, Oh
    • BT3100

Blue box closeout

I just picked up a Freud 2.5 HP Router kit with both bases and a case. They were originally 199 marked down to 99. It seemed like a decent deal. The Lowes in Wooster, Ohio had two left at that price.
    Cut twice.... measure??
  • billfrommich
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2007

One of the Lowes in SE Michigan also has the same deal on the router. They also have the Freud biscuit joiner for $50. I allready have too many routers but am considering the biscuit joiner, although I've held off due to the mixed reviews on Amazon.

Comment

• garymuto
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Encinitas, CA
      • Delta Cabinet Saw

Bill,
      Which store did you see the deal? I found one in Southfield a few weeks ago for $130 and thought I got the last one.

Comment

• billfrommich
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by garymuto
        Bill,
        Which store did you see the deal? I found one in Southfield a few weeks ago for $130 and thought I got the last one.
        It was at the Lowes on 12 Mile Rd. west of John R Rd. There were 2 there last week when I made my post - not sure now as that particular Lowes is a bit out of my way.

Comment

• nothing
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007
          • Central MS
          • Delta 36-979 with 30" Biese

I just got this router for $99 the other day and want to put it in my table. Anyone know where I can get a 9x12 router plate? I got the Freud router table w/the aluminum plate a few months ago for $99. It's already drilled for my dewalt 618 so I don't think I can fit the additional holes in this plate. Peachtree has "approximately" 9x12 plates, but what is "approximate"?

Comment

• Lee4847
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006
            • Canton, Oh
            • BT3100

Not all Lowes are create equal!!

I stopped at the Lowes in North Canton and they had them on closeout also. They were $169.00 a whopping $30 off. I would think that corporate would set the clearance.
            Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Austin, TX

Originally posted by Lee4847
              I stopped at the Lowes in North Canton and they had them on closeout also. They were $169.00 a whopping $30 off. I would think that corporate would set the clearance.
              Indeedy, our closest Lowe's has a giant end-cap of Firestorm 'CLEARANCE' with many items marked down a whopping ten percent!

Anybody got inside info about A, B, and C-level stores in the Lowe's line-up? I would imagine certain sales volume stores might have different clearance schedules.

Comment

• garymuto
                Established Member
                • Aug 2007
                • Encinitas, CA
                • Delta Cabinet Saw

I stooped by the Lowes on 12 mile and they still had 3. I plan to do an exchange/price adjust.
                Thanks for the tip Bill!

Comment

Working...