• Southwest CT

Ebay Livesearch Cashback up to 30%

It's back up to 30% today.
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I think I have seen this before, but could somebody remind me how this works?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• Mark Smith
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Southwest CT

Go to www.live.com and type in something like 'cheap pc' in the search box. It will bring up results including a link to an ebay item with the savings if you use 'buy it now' with paypal. Follow the link. You should see the cash back notice at the top of your ebay page, Now you can search for anything on ebay and get that discount if you choose the buy it now option and pay with paypal. They post cash back to your paypal account after 60 days. (You have to open a Live account for this but follow the 'see conditions' link on the top of your ebay page for all you need to know). Max 3 purchases per account and $250 max per payback.

The 30% cash back has not lasted long in the recent past so pull the trigger if you want something.

Comment

• ModestMouser
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2008
        • st. louis, MO
        • Craftsman 113.298762

things changed this time

30% cash back (up to $200 max cashback)
        max of six transactions/account

Comment

• herb fellows
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • New York City
          • bt3100

Thanks, Mark! I had forgotten to keep track of the live discounts. You just saved me $110! Thanks again!
          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Mark Smith
            Established Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Southwest CT

Originally posted by ModestMouser
            things changed this time

30% cash back (up to $200 max cashback)
            max of six transactions/account
            Even better for the scale of items I'd buy. Thanks for reading the fine print.

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

You say to type in 'cheap' whatever, when an ebay link comes up follow that link to order anything on ebay??
              I put in planers, for instance, no 30% off comes up, no ebay.
              Yet if I go to ebay and put in planers, a number of them come up with 'buy it now".

Isn't it that the link for the 30% must first exist in Live? I'm a little coonfused here.

Everything worked on the first item I went to buy, just not seeing the 30% or ebay link come up on other items.
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• windmill
                Forum Newbie
                • Sep 2007

As long as the icon is present at the top of the page, you'll get the cashback. It doesn't matter which product you used to "enter" eBay, you can search for something else and buy that. But you must start off using a cashback link from live.com.

It helps to search on the specific part number and then something like "cheap" or "auction", e.g. "DW735 auction". That should bring up a Cashback eBay link without problems.

Comment

• herb fellows
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • New York City
                  • bt3100

Thanks a bunch, Windmill! It seems as if they go out of their way to make it confusing!
                  I just did as you instructed and saved another $129! woo hoo!

Comment

• mashtun
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Sep 2007

Ebay Livesearch Cashback up to 30%

Well the plan was to wait until the got the Fed income tax return, and by the grizzly extreme series 14 inch bandsaw.

The last three day I kept logging on and looking at it, thinking that I sould buy it now, and save money, but could not bring myslef to do it.

Well today I just logged on the the first bandsaw on the page was the Extreme series 17. While drooling at it I realised that if I bought this now with the Cash back, that I would be within 50 dollars of buying the Extreme series 14 with the Riser block without the discount in the spring.

So I bought the 17. Thanks for the tip.

John

Comment

Working...