• Sep 2006
    • san diego, ca
    • BT3100, 22124

Free shipping at Lee Valley: now till sunday

Free shipping at Lee Valley: now till sunday
    4 Days Only

On all orders placed between September 18th and September 21st, 2008*

*Terms and Conditions

Free shipping applies to our standard ground shipping and handling fee for orders shipped within the Continental USA and Canada only. Shipping surcharges on oversize items still apply.
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Placed my order earlier this AM. It isn't very often that Lee Valley offers deals like this so I took this opportunity to clean up my Wish List.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
      • BT3100

what all did you guys buy? are there any bargains right now at Lee Valley?

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

I've been drooling over the new catalog for a few days now. The shipping info doesn't help matters. I've already blown my toy quota for this year, (and probably a few more too)

I sure would like to get a shoulder plane..
        Erik

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Omar, in my experience, Lee Valley puts precious few things on sale, ever -- I guess they figure they don't have to. They do maintain a Special Offers & Sales Items page, but usually most of what they list there are closeouts on some rather offbeat items. Still, there can be some great buys there if they happen to have something you can use.

They also frequently will offer an introductory price on a new tool offering. The discount is usually not very deep, but you can save a few bucks if you happen to be shopping for such an item at the time they bring it to market.
          Larry

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by LarryG
            They also frequently will offer an introductory price on a new tool offering. The discount is usually not very deep, but you can save a few bucks if you happen to be shopping for such an item at the time they bring it to market.
            There is an introductory offer on the Veritas skew plane set. Save $99
            I'm still trying to figure out why I want to order a 100 bullet catches with no strikes. Maybe it's the 'limited quantites' wording..
            Erik

Comment

• footprintsinconc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
              • BT3100

thanks larry, i did spend some today looking at their website. too many things to buy. unfortunately, with the purchase of a bandsaw and a big craftsman tool box last month and a motorcycle this month, LOML is going to be all over me if i utter another word about tool purchase . but i think i will still to pull of an order on a couple of small things.... keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• dsinger
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2007

thanks for the heads up on the Lee Valley free shipping. I ordered the Hong Kong style High Angle smoother and a small wooden smoother. These planes have gotten great reviews some say the High Angle smoother at $54 will compare with a $2700 infill plane.

Comment

• nothing
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Central MS
                  • Delta 36-979 with 30" Biese

I ordered the low angle jack plane. It will be my first plane that I didn't have to give an electron bath.

Comment

• pecker
                    Established Member
                    • Jun 2003

I ordered some small items that I would never bother with if I had to pay shipping costs for them.

The only catalog I had was from 2006, and when I entered each item number online, I was dismayed to find the prices had increased between 20% and 30% for each item. I hadn't realized the dollar had lost so much value in 2 years.

Comment

Working...