• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Family Handyman 10 year index - FREE

familyhandyman.com/index (copy and paste) . You'll need to give an e-mail address, but you don't have to wait for an e-mail to download it. Be sure to uncheck the boxes that indicate you want other offers (unless you really do want them).

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by Ed62
    ........ Be sure to uncheck the boxes that indicate you want other offers (unless you really do want them).
    Ed
    No offense but do you really think that unchecking those boxes will stop future emails? IMO, this offer and others like it are nothing more than an attempt by any company making these types of pitches to add to their email mailing list library. If a list like this is something you want then by all means request it but you'll be getting emails from them in the future.

Comment

• jonmulzer
      • Dec 2007
      • Indianapolis, IN

Use an email address you set up for only things like this and keep your normal address clear while still getting their free stuff. Beat them at their own game. Everyone should have a free email address just for stuff like this.
      "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

Originally posted by jonmulzer
        Use an email address you set up for only things like this and keep your normal address clear while still getting their free stuff. Beat them at their own game. Everyone should have a free email address just for stuff like this.
        They didn't get my "secure" address.

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• gatordogs2
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2007
          • So.Florida
          • 22114 soon

You can enter a fake email address to download the 203 page index. Unfortunately, it's only an INDEX of articles, not the articles themselves. This would only be good if you have the last 10 years of Family Handyman magazines sitting around.
          What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry

Comment

• stormdog74
            Established Member
            • Mar 2007
            • Sacramento, CA
            • Ridgid TS3650

Thanks a lot, Ed - I have been wishing they (and other) magazines would come up with something like this as I often remember an article I liked, but don't want to spend the time looking for it.

For those who don't want to use their email, just use 10 minute email or something similar.

Comment

• smchrist
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2007
              • Moline, IL
              • Ryobi BT3100

Ed, this is a great tip, thank you for posting it. I am a Family Handyman subscriber and am extremely pleased with this magazine. In addition to the index you pointed out, they currently have over 600 articles and plans available for download on their website. Also, they recently offered their top 50 project plans for free download (but unfortunately only for a limited time).

There is no reason to avoid free stuff by email due to concerns over spam. Others are correct, anyone can have a junk email address for stuff like this (yahoo, google, etc). Even if you don't, most email handlers now have excellent spam filters so any junk you might receive can be blocked in the future.

Many thanks, Ed!

Comment

• C. Irwin
                Handtools only
                • Oct 2008

I can't find how to download free handyman index? want to clue me in

Comment

• smchrist
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2007
                  • Moline, IL
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Click on this link:

Enter your email address where prompted, and click 'get your free guide'.
                  Last edited by smchrist; 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...