X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tewilk
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007
    • Augusta, GA

Craftsman Professional 12.5 amp Fixed/Plunge D-Handle Combination Router $99

Craftsman Professional 12.5 amp Fixed/Plunge D-Handle Combination Router normally $219, sale for $99 also push it over $100 and get another $10 off. Not sure if you have to buy online for the additional $10 off but the $10 off did appear during my order.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928084000P
  • SteveK2
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007
    • Central NJ

The price is nice, but what's the reputation on this router combo package? Anybody own it and can share his/her experiences? Any idea who makes this combo?

Comment

• stormdog74
      Established Member
      • Mar 2007
      • Sacramento, CA
      • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by SteveK2
      The price is nice, but what's the reputation on this router combo package? Anybody own it and can share his/her experiences? Any idea who makes this combo?
      It gets pretty good reviews on the Sears site - all 4 or 5 out of 5 except for one guy who gave it a one because he couldn't get a screw.

Seems like a good deal to me - for the price, of course.

Comment

• stormdog74
        Established Member
        • Mar 2007
        • Sacramento, CA
        • Ridgid TS3650

You can also get 10% off through this link:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153...00100383&aff=Y

Comment

• Stray_shot
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2006

I just bought this yesterday, haven't gotten to test it out yet. Also, if you add another $0.01 to your total and do the "buy online/pick up at store" you get an additional $10 off until the 15th.

Comment

• Garasaki
            • Sep 2006

In the past, I think some of the craftsman routers were rebadged Bosch 1617's (which I own and really like), and this one really appears to be very similar to my router (the motor cradle area especially).

One note, I'm not sure this router is variable speed. I don't think it is.
            -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
            -Henry Blake

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

It is variable speed. From the "Overview" tab:

This router combo delivers 12,000-25,000 rpm (no load speed) with 2.25-hp and 6 variable speeds. The fixed base depth of cut is 1 3/4 inches (45 mm) and plunge base depth of cut is 2 3/16 inches (55 mm). Features electronic feedback circuitry, which provides soft-start technology for longer motor life, preventing router take-offs as the motor steadily revs to the desired speed for a quality finish on all materials. Wt. 14.2 lbs

Looking at the Specs tab, it has a nice set of features -- including a 10' power cord, which is nice. On paper, at least, it looks really good ... a fair deal at the regular price, a steal for a hundred bucks. If it's any good.

Stray_shot, can you tell us whether it's made in China? Increasingly the Craftsman stuff is, including items in their Professional line, and a lot of the other new router models they've come out with lately are made in China.
              Larry

Comment

• spf45
                Forum Newbie
                • Apr 2005

Visiting this site has a way of costing me money!

Here is a URL with a review: http://woodworking.about.com/od/rout...smanRouter.htm

I have several Craftsman routers. They were the first woodworking power tools I bought. The routers I have are not worth the gas it takes to get to the store. Am I making another mistake? I take into account that the (1) other routers were the $34.95 type (2) I will return this if it is not decent quality, and (3) I have several other Craftsman power tools that at a heavy discount were a great purchase. (Craftsman Professional Jointer for just over $100??? Works just fine for me!)

With $10 off for $100 or more purchase (I bought a screwdriver too) the router is $90. Not bad if it is as the above review suggests. I'll keep my receipt and see how it goes.

Comment

• mmack66
                  Handtools only
                  • Feb 2008

Any quick suggestions on an $1.00 or less items to add to the order to bring the total over $100.00 for the additional $10.00 off?

Comment

• cdub101
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jul 2007

They have a $.99 four way screwdriver.

Comment

• pacwind3
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • Vancouver, WA
                      • Bosch 4100

I have the combo set that is pretty much just like this one. It includes the fixed and plunge base and is currently $109. I have nothing but praise for this set. Probably the only bad part so far is the stamped wrench sucks. That's par for the course. I would highly recommend the set I have and this set is an absolute steal. I am groaning that I don't have the money and payday is the 22nd.

Comment

• Stray_shot
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Sep 2006

I'll check for the country of origin when I get home. I have been using a 30-year old craftsman router with only a 1/4" collet up to this point and am about to start on a new project, so I considered this as providence when I came across it.

Comment

• spf45
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LarryG
                          ... can you tell us whether it's made in China? Increasingly the Craftsman stuff is, including items in their Professional line, and a lot of the other new router models they've come out with lately are made in China.
                          Made in China, manufacturer code is 320 (320.28084). I used to be able to find the Craftsman oem codes on the web, but couldn't find the info today. Would be interesting to know who made it.

Comment

• jonmulzer
                            • Dec 2007
                            • Indianapolis, IN

Just ordered with in-store pickup. About to go out grocery shopping and pick it up while I am out. This makes 3 routers in my shop now and I really only use the Hitachi most of the time. You can never have too many routers though right?
                            "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• stormdog74
                              Established Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              • Sacramento, CA
                              • Ridgid TS3650

It seems that you can get both the 10% off through the link I gave above PLUS another $10 off if you get over a $100.

So, in effect, if you can find a tool $10.01 or a little more you should get it for free or almost free.

Comment

Working...