X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diffendoofer
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2007

Air hose 1/4" 50' polyurethane $12.95 at Sunnyvale, CA Costco

Anyone seen a "Mastercraft" branded blue braided 50' 1/4" PU air hose at their Costco for $12.95? It's rated for 200 psi with 800 psi burst. Is this a good deal?
  • themachine
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • BT3100, General Intl. 220

Yes, I bought that item a month ago. It works well for me, but I am not an air hose expert. It does have a nice hand feel and is very flexible.

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Personally, I would go with the Goodyear rubber hose at HF, frequently on sale. Rubber is far superior, especially when it gets cold. I used to use a plastic/poly hose, and hated it. I bought the rubber hose and have been overjoyed ever since.
      Joe

Comment

• Rand
        Established Member
        • May 2005
        • Vancouver, WA, USA.

I got the goodyear rubber hose at HF and it rubbed black marks on things in my shop. I took it back.
        The blue stuff isn't as flexible but at least it doesn't mar my projects.
        Rand
        "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."

Comment

• paintandbodtman
          Banned
          • Jul 2006

Depends on usage.A 50 ft 1/4" hose will lose about 30 lbs from one end to the other. If you need to maintain high pressure you'd be better off with at least 3/8" hose.

Wayne

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • SoCal, USA
            • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Originally posted by Rand
            I got the goodyear rubber hose at HF and it rubbed black marks on things in my shop. I took it back.
            The blue stuff isn't as flexible but at least it doesn't mar my projects.
            Talc powder will stop that. i/4" hose is ok for brad nailers and small tools . HFT has red goodyear rubber hose 1/2" that does not mark and has even better flow than the 3/8".
            Andrew

Comment

• Thom2
              Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
              • Jan 2003
              • Stevens, PA, USA.
              • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by JoeyGee
              Personally, I would go with the Goodyear rubber hose at HF, frequently on sale. Rubber is far superior, especially when it gets cold. I used to use a plastic/poly hose, and hated it. I bought the rubber hose and have been overjoyed ever since.

You most likely used a polyvinyl hose .. they SUCK .... I gave away a brand new 50' because I just coudn't stand the thing.

Polyurethane hoses are MUCH different, a lot softer, roll much easier and stay flexible in much lower temps. I plan to replace all of my hoses with these someday.
              If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
              **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

Working...