• Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Pin Nailer Bostitch $75 Amazon

hAVEN'T HAD TIME TO READ THE REVIEWS, BUT THEY ARE MIXED, SO HAVE A LOOK BEFORE YOU JUMP. i BOUGHT THE pc NAILER AND IT ONLY GOES TO 1 INCH, AT LAST THIS IS DEEPER.
    HERE'S THE LINK:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-HP118...ag=rssfeeds-20

Bostitch HP118K 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch 23 Gauge Pin Nailer
    Other products by Bostitch

23 Reviews
    5 star: (9)
    4 star: (7)
    3 star: (6)
    2 star: (1)
    1 star: (0)

See all 23 customer reviews...

(23 customer reviews)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: $74.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

In Stock.
    Ships from
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

I have the bostich 200K 2" 18ga brad nailer as well as my PC one. I have been looking for a pin nailer as filling the holes from 18ga brads is a PITA.

This price is pretty good as the PC is ~$100 although it only shoots 1" max. I am a bit concerend with the reviews that say this model doesnt get the pins below the surface. The theory with 23 guage pins is you shoot them and if they are under the surface you can just dampen the wood and the fibers should close up over the pins.

Anybody got this gun or other pin nailer experiences?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• jovani
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2007

bostitch 23

I purchased this nailer about three months ago, and have used it a few times in moldings and I am happy with it.

Comment

• bthere
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Alpharetta, GA

I have this pinner and right out of the box, mine did a pretty decent job of sinking the pins just under the surface. I did find that in some instances I wanted it a little deeper than I could get just by adjusting air pressure. So, I just filed the nose down a trifle to get it where I wanted. Took less than a minute and now I can get whatever depth I want, either with the onboard adjustment or by dialing air pressure up or down.

I think I paid around $79 for this gun and have been using it a lot with no issues. Unless you want to spend for a Grex, Cadex, Nikle, or such, I think $75 is about the best deal around for a pinner.

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I have the Bostitch 24 gauge pinner and it has always set the pins below the surface unless I turned the air pressure very low (like 40 psi). It has a little switch that provides a means to adjust depth other than pressure which is a nice feature. The safety levers (there are two) are unusual but not a big issue. You have to compress the back lever, put the nose where you want the pin and pull the trigger. The back lever is the unusual part.

I do not know what to say about the people who had trouble getting the pins to set. Maybe there is variability within these pinners with some having some roughness on the internal parts or something that gives them less power. I only know that mine has never had an issue with 1 inch pins (I haven't bought any 1 3/16 yet) even when I tried driving pins through aluminum into hardwood. I put some shoe moulding made of cherry into a cherry kitchen island on Monday with mine with absolutely no issue.

I think this is a very nice pinner.

Jim

Comment

• Alex Franke
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Chapel Hill, NC
            • Ryobi BT3100

I picked one up during the last sale -- definitely a good deal!

Use this link if you want referral credit to go to BT3Central and not to the affiliate "rssfeeds":

Bostitch HP118K 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch 23 Gauge Pin Nailer
            online at http://www.theFrankes.com
            while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
            "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• newood2
              • Aug 2004
              • Brooklyn, NY.
              • BT3100-1

I have the HF 23 gauge pinner for $25 and no problem so far, not bad.
              Howie

Comment

• MBG
                • Apr 2003
                • Chicago, Illinois.
                • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by JimD
                I do not know what to say about the people who had trouble getting the pins to set. Maybe there is variability within these pinners with some having some roughness on the internal parts or something that gives them less power.
                Jim
                I bought one of these when they first came out (Menard's)maybe two years ago. Even at the highest air pressure the pins were proud of the surface. I returned it twice. All 3 did the same. I actually talked to an engineer at Bostich and he told me it was designed to not sink the pin below the surface - couldn't help it I just laughed. I then went on the internet and found out about the tip grinding. Works great now. Recently I saw somewhere that Bostich now offers a free hammer kit to correct the problem on the older nailers.

Mike

Comment

• Bushmaster
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Bellevue, Nebraska
                  • Older Craftsman

Nice tool

I put in quite a bit of oak molding with this tool. Not a problem. I haven't seen the issue of the pins left proud of the wood.

Comment

• Daryl
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by newood2
                    I have the HF 23 gauge pinner for $25 and no problem so far, not bad.
                    Howie
                    Me too. Mine was only 19.95.
                    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• geminix
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2004
                      • Montgomery, Alabama
                      • Ryobi BT3100-1

Price is back up to $119 now

Comment

Working...